Sneaky Coppers

Home Forums Pure Petrolhead Speed cameras Sneaky Coppers

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Gix
    Participant

On my way to work one evening last week, I was riding down my favourite twisty lane, when I spied an unmarked 4 x 4 parked in a layby. As I got closer I could see that it was a couple of coppers, one with a lazer pointing towards oncoming traffic. I was under the impression that police carrying out speed traps were supposed to be in marked cars or vans. These officers didn’t even have on flourescent jackets or tabbards! They were obviously not interested in road safety, only in money making!

Rebel with a cause!

The roads are my race track!!

imperialdata
    Keymaster

I’m still not sure whether the police have to follow a visibility code or not. The claims that static speed cameras are made highly visible (ie painted yellow) for reasons of public awareness fade into insignificance when you have a copper with a speed gun hiding in the bushes.

Hope you carried out your citizen’s arrest!

XV16
    Participant

They are supposed to be visible but as you are now aware this is not always the case. The problem is that probably more than 95% of people who receive an NIP will just pay it without question. Registration numbers, the exact whereabouts and the time are a must when you see this sort of thing. Report them; it may help someone who is fighting an NIP on these grounds.

Best Regards
    Stuart XV16

Please note that some of the comments and articles posted may not represent my views or the views of FORUM99 and its moderators.

HELP KEEP THIS FORUM ALIVE! PLEASE DONATE.

Gix
    Participant

Um, no citizens arrest I’m afraid, was way past him by the time I realised what they were up to!
    Thankfully I was moving towards them and was round the bend before they could blink so dont think I will getting a ban!

Rebel with a cause!

The roads are my race track!!

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.