Skegness run ruined

Home Forums Pure Petrolhead Speed cameras Skegness run ruined

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    XV16
    Participant

This road does not warrant a speed limit cut! The roads through the villages are already 30 limits and usually obeyed by all, the rest of the road will no doubt be decorated with Gatso’s. They have already started to appear at the East of Glentham and at Hemswell and if you go back towards Bawtry on the same road there is a four poster SPECs system.

Plans to reduce the speed limit in three villages on the A631 were being discussed today.

Lincolnshire County Council’s planning and regulation committee was to discuss whether to change the speed limits in Corringham, Hemswell Cliff and Glentham, all near Gainsborough.

The speed limit in each village could be reduced to 30mph, 40mph or 50mph depending on the location.

The plans have been proposed following a series of studies which were carried out by the Lincolnshire Road Safety Partnership.

Best Regards
    Stuart XV16

Please note that some of the comments and articles posted may not represent my views or the views of FORUM99 and its moderators.

HELP KEEP THIS FORUM ALIVE! PLEASE DONATE.

GSX Rat
    Participant

besides the camera at hemswell, there is another one on the run back towards willingham/middle rasen. I cant remember the village but next time im out that way ill post details but at least it is clearly visible on a long straight. Like i said, cannot remember exactly where but is on run from canby corner to middle rasen….

BTW – where are you xv, i can feel a meet coming on! , must be a bike night somewhere you gonna make..

GSX750 Ratfighter / SR125 Rat / GSX600F / Beamish250 / Honda70 Rat

Blackboard paint – Covers a multitude of sins!

XV16
    Participant

Yeah that’s the one I mean at Glentham mate. I am now living with the sheep on the Pennines North of Sheffield but used to live straight opposite the bike meet at Willingham woods, a place called Dog Kennel Farm, actually comes under Legsby but its smack in the middle of the woods.
    Will do Willingham in a couple of weeks, gonna be tied up for the next week or so (Work commitments).

Best Regards
    Stuart XV16

Please note that some of the comments and articles posted may not represent my views or the views of FORUM99 and its moderators.

GSX Rat
    Participant

the camera is just inside the next village – bishop bridge, you come out of the 30 limit at glentham and open it up down the long straight to bishop bridge and thats where they try to get ya! Luckily is fairly visible so should be no probs. Also, as you go through bishop bridge towards middle rasen, round the bend with the bell inn on the left there are sets of lines painted on the road in both directions to allow the mobile van to get you too!

GSX750 Ratfighter / SR125 Rat / GSX600F / Beamish250 / Honda70 Rat / Honda250 Rat Racer

Sledge
    Participant

we seem to be losing them fast up here, Bishop Bridge? whats all that about? isn’t that a 60? considered naughty that!!!!

GSX Rat
    Participant

unfortunately someone has positioned it behind a barrier which means that no-one in a pickup can accidently reverse into it – at least farmers and pickup drivers are considerate when they do hit one they have the decency to dispose of it as leaving it at the location it fell at the roadside could cause a traffic hazard….

they gave up replacing the one on the a16 at north thoresby!!!

GSX750 Ratfighter / SR125 Rat / GSX600F / Beamish250 / Honda70 Rat / Honda250 Rat Racer

XV16
    Participant

You only live 15 mins away and you didnt know about that one. tut tut, you need to sharpen up soldier! BTW get some new combats next time you going on telly!!
    N Thorseby? You know about that one hooly? PM please.

Best Regards
    Stuart XV16

GSX Rat
    Participant

best i wait till i see ya! , not that i had anything to do with it or even know anyone else who did…

XV16
    Participant

No Problem mate!

Best Regards
    Stuart XV16

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.