Simply the best

Home Forums Jap stuff Simply the best

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 19 total)
  • Author
    Radar

Over the years I have had two RD350 “Powervalves”, a RD250LC, a RD250E, a FZ750 Genesis and currently ride a YZF600R T cat. All have given me loads of basically hassle free fun, especially the first powervalve and the FZ750.
    Yamahas always seem to be engineered for having fun, unlike the bland Hondas, unreliable Kawasakis and poorly finished Suzukis that I have also owned.
    What do you lot think…are Yamahas simply the best or am I just biased?

Gix
    Participant

You’re biased mate! I prefer Suzuki’s and have never had hassle with them! As for poor finish, my GSXR600 is seven years old, used all year round (snow an all!) and still looks better than some summer ridden only R6’s and R1’s!

Rebel with a cause!

The roads are my race track!!

imperialdata
    Keymaster

I think in the early eighties, Suzuki had a pretty poor reputation for build quality. Now they are as good as the rest and, as Gixer says, sometimes better.

Slice Radar in half and he’s got Yamaha written inside him, just like a stick of rock [;)]

Gix
    Participant

He he. Early eighties? Before my time! ;-)

Rebel with a cause!

Lex
    Participant

Suzuki have always been ahead in my book.

The Hustler ate YR5s etc.
    The X7 chewed Aircooled RDs for breakfast
    RG’s stuffed the YPVS
    RGV’s ate TZR250s
    the GS range made the XS range look like the junk it was
    The GSX range made the XJs look like second rate Hondas
    The GSX-R – King of the sportsbikes
    The Busa – the fastes thing on the planet.

Suzuki are the best mate.

Gix
    Participant

Well said Lex! I will always definately stick with Suzuki when I am looking for my next bike!

Rebel with a cause!

Christina
    Participant

My TZR would kick an RGVs ass any day. But maybe that’s just cos there’s a real woman riding it! [;)]

Gix
    Participant

You know Christina, I go out regularly with a bunch of lads on bigger sports bikes than mine and I always end up waiting for them? They ride all sorts, Suzuki’s included, so its not the bike that makes the rider, its the rider that makes the bike! Perfect example is Rossi of course! Honda to Yamaha and still winning! Imagine how good he would be if he was a woman!

Have you done any track days BTW? Do you kneeslide your TZR?

Rebel with a cause!

Sidevalve
    Participant

The Hustler ate YR5s etc. – Where are all the Hustlers then? The X7 chewed Aircooled RDs for breakfast – X7 went pop at 10,000 miles! Only quick because they had the reigidity of an empty crisp packet!RG’s stuffed the YPVS. YPVS is an icon, RG are virtually extinct.
    RGV’s ate TZR250s. TZR250also sired the TDR250 which kicked off the whole Supermoto thing…see this month’s “Bike” mag.
    the GS range made the XS range look like the junk it was. The GS 4 cylinder range wasn’t bad for a Kawasaki copy.The GSX range made the XJs look like second rate Hondas. Loads of serious commuter, DRs and tourers swear by the XJ. Can’t rember the last GSX I saw working that hard.The GSX-R – King of the sportsbikes. The GSX-R is the biking equivalent of a Shell Suit. The R1 is a sublime bike, and I would love one.
    The Busa – the fastes thing on the planet. F**kin’ ugly, you have to be sure of going that fast so you can be sure not to see your reflection in shop windows. The Ann Widdacombe of the biking world.
    Rossi saw sense and went Yamaha!!

Gix
    Participant

Shell suit?
    The R1 is a nice bike mate, a friend of mine has had a new one every year, swears by ’em! Despite the fact that the clutch has burnt out on every one he has had! He is another ‘Yamaha through and through’ person! He did try out a GSXR1000 one year though, spat him off so he went back to dealer and got himself another brand new R1. He he, said Suzuki’s were unrideable!

Rebel with a cause!

GSX Rat
    Participant

well my yammy 125 starts first time every time and is great for round town, my 600 zook os good for a blast out, the beamish is great for a bit of dirty action in a quarry and my first legal bike was the suzuki fz50, so i guess i’ll come down in the favour of the zooks! Although, i loved my dtr125 and my 350lc – in fact i’m still looking out for a cheap one to relive my misspent youth!

GSX750 Ratfighter / SR125 Rat / GSX600F / Beamish250 / Honda70 Rat / Honda250 Rat Racer

Blackboard paint – Covers a multitude of sins!

Christina
    Participant

I haven’t done any track days yet. I’m still a student and they’re pretty expensive. I managed to kneeslide the TZR a few times in Scotland. Haven’t tried it here yet. The roads are just too shitty and covered in diesel and potholes.
    I plan to buy a new bike when I graduate next year so I’ll set the TZR up for the track. Should be fun.

Gix
    Participant

I agree they are expensive, lack of finances is the reason I havent got round to doing one yet! Gonna try soon though, gotta show them men how its done! He He.

Rebel with a cause!

GSX Rat
    Participant

Just seen the fs1e thread below, i had one of them too! , so i think its about equal now, although i still prefer the zook for the ride. Agree that the busa looks awful, but in my opinion most of these plastic fantastics do so wont judge any on looks.

GSX750 Ratfighter / SR125 Rat / GSX600F / Beamish250 / Honda70 Rat / Honda250 Rat Racer

Blackboard paint – Covers a multitude of sins!

Marsha67
    Participant

Hey, any bike is a good bike, even if it’s a dog. At the time it seems like you hate the bike but there’s always something you can remember about them which makes you smile.
    Or have I just had good bad bikes?

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 19 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.