Save Matlock Bath ride out

Home Forums BikeMeet Cafe Save Matlock Bath ride out

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Author
    daviedevs
    Participant

6th March..all info is on FB.

Radar

6th March..all info is on FB.

https://www.facebook.com/events/132189647147951/

Councils are nuts. Driving away thousands of people who pour money into their local traders

daviedevs
    Participant

Tomorrows the day…anyone else going?

robertcains
    Participant

Being local I should drag one of the bikes out, too much salt on the roads tho?!

Radar

I have a family thing I have to do so wont be on the ride out. Hope it goes well.

Radar

4000 turnout apparently…good work, a statement made…

Picture from Midland Riders Facebook group

https://www.facebook.com/midlandsriders/?fref=photo

robertcains
    Participant

It was a good turn out, I didn’t attend due to the gritted roads but could see/hear the bikes all day, few rusty riders & bikes out after winter lay ups resulting in a few mishaps inc a young man who lost his life en route, it’s a shame it wasn’t all positive as was hoped.

Radar

It was a good turn out, I didn’t attend due to the gritted roads but could see/hear the bikes all day, few rusty riders & bikes out after winter lay ups resulting in a few mishaps inc a young man who lost his life en route, it’s a shame it wasn’t all positive as was hoped.

That’s awful, RIP poor lad

robertcains
    Participant

I guess with weather/road conditions & 4000 bikes it’s inevitable unfortunately, I wonder if it may have been more productive a little later in the Spring?
    I see next years event is already organised which surprises me as I thought it was a protest & no doubt the decision over parking will have been made by then.

Radar

I guess with weather/road conditions & 4000 bikes it’s inevitable unfortunately, I wonder if it may have been more productive a little later in the Spring?
    I see next years event is already organised which surprises me as I thought it was a protest & no doubt the decision over parking will have been made by then.

I did Ryan’s Ride in 2010 along with Katana, Champs and Ses from on here. There was an accident in the line justĀ  ahead of us funnily enough. These big ride outs can be more risky than you might think.

https://bikemeet.net/forums/topic/ryans-ride-050910-review-pics/

Odd that next years protest ride date is already set

daviedevs
    Participant

I was there. Weather was great too.

Radar

I was there. Weather was great too.

Do you enjoy the event, do you think it will make any difference?

daviedevs
    Participant

Was good to see so many out for the same cause. Time will tell if it will have an effect. Tbh i dont ride in UK as much as i used to..mainly go abroad now..far better roads and way less traffic.

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.