Rolfo preparing for February debut

Home Forums Bike racing Rolfo preparing for February debut

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Author
    Gix
    Participant

MotoGP News – Rolfo preparing for February debut

Roberto Rolfo says he is making special preparations for the new season as he gets ready to make his MotoGP debut riding a Ducati Desmosedici. Team D’Antin have yet to define their plans for 2005 but the Italian rider is hopeful of a first test next month.

“The first point of contact with my new team has been very productive and we have already determined the work we have to do before the start of the season,” explained Rolfo, who will compete with his former 250cc team-mate Toni Elías for the title of Rookie of the Year.

“It’s still not been confirmed but the first test should be on the 11th February in Malaysia. I’m not sure which technicians I’ll be working with either at this point and I haven’t seen the bike but I’m very optimistic about the whole thing and I’m excited about racing on Italian machinery.

“D’Antín’s team have the experience of working with Ducati last season so I’m sure that we can be competitive in the category this season.”

The 24-year-old added that his vast experience in Grand Prix should overrule any thoughts of pressure in his rookie season and says his objective is simply to consolidate his place in the series.

“It’s my first season but it’s also the start of a dream for me. My primary goal was to make it to MotoGP and I have achieved that. I don’t feel any pressure, I’m just happy with my new situation. I will have to adapt to the bike and learn to ride in a completely different way.

“There is obviously a lot of work ahead but I’m not afraid of that. I haven’t set myself any expectations for the new seasons but my obvious target is to finish as Rookie of the Year.”

Artificial intelligence is no match for natural stupidity.

LOVE IS GIVING SOMEONE THE ABILITY TO DESTROY YOU, THEN TRUSTING THEM NOT TO.

GO ON! DONATE! YOU KNOW YA WANNA!

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.