ROC’s Scotland week

Home Forums BikeMeet Cafe ROC’s Scotland week

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    Billy
    Participant

I booked a lodge in Glencoe for the guys and girls from the ROC, so last saturday we met at Abington for the ride on up into the mountains.. the lodge was pretty well equiped with everthing we wanted..4 bedrooms 3 bathrooms, fully fittited kitchen and utility room
    rocscotland1022Small.jpg
    Saturday night was beer night so we roughted it with the mountaineers in the clachaig inn
    rocscotland1030Small.jpg
    rocscotland1029Small.jpg
    rocscotland1028Small.jpg
    its funny how the empties always end up at my side of the table..
    rocscotland1031Small.jpg
    Sunday we were up at the crack of 10 o’clock and ready for our 1st rideout of the week and i decided to take the crew on over the Appin road over the falls of laura at connel ferry and into Oban for some lunch.
    from there we took the lochgilphead road into Inverary and then back to glencoe, these are a set of fantastic roads so technical that it make some of the english roads a walk in the park.
    rocscotland1043Small.jpg
    rocscotland1044Small.jpg
    rocscotland1004Small-1.jpg
    rocscotland1003Small-1.jpg
    Monday, was a little more adventurous and we set off for the Isle of Skye, stopping at Elian donan castle( the one used in Highlander)
    rocscotland1016Small.jpg
    Fish and chips down at portree harbour was something not to miss..even if we did have to hide from the hungry seagulls..
    rocscotland1001Small.jpg
    rocscotland1051Small.jpg
    rocscotland1052Small.jpg
    Tuesday, we headed on over to the eastcoast, heading along the Great glen to Inverness
    rocscotland1045Small.jpg
    rocscotland1046Small.jpg
    rocscotland1048Small.jpg
    Wednesday was another ride over to the eastcoast, this time heading along loch tay to aberfeldy then up to Pitlochry for more food
    rocscotland1013Small-1.jpg
    from there we rode up into the hills over tummel bridge the looped back down the twisties back to aberfeldy then the ride back to glencoe
    Thursday was the icing on the cake with a ride up to Applecross, the weather wasnt too good on thursday, what with low cloud i was afraid it was going to spoil the ride over the pass of cattle, not so much a road, more a mountain goat track that is 12 miles long and climbs like twisting wild ivy to a height of 2000 feet. sheer drops on the side of the road, make this a road you cant make any mistakes on..i was glad when we made the summit and down the other side out of the cloud into Applecross where we had our dinner before heading off along the coast road to loch carron,glenshiel and back to our lodge in glen coe and a piss up..

Radar

Superb stuff Billy, I have not ridden in Scotland since the late 1980s on my GS550, must get back up there.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.