Riding Clothing

Home Forums BikeMeet Cafe Riding Clothing

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    Anonymous
    Inactive

Hi all,
    What’s necessary to start riding? Helmet and jacket obviously, but can you just wear jeans rather than leather trousers? What about boots and gloves?

Cheers

GSF K1
    Participant

You see alot of people riding in jeans and trainers. These people either have no idea of the damage that can occur to themselves in a crash or just dont care.
    So its very much down to you.. Theres lots of options out there so you dont always need to fork out for leather. Nylon (Gortex) fibre jackets and trousers are often warmer this time of year, and often come with protective reinforced sections.
    Boots which offer protection for your ankles are a must.
    Dont go for a cheap helmet either!!!!!!!!!!!

sid
    Participant

the only piece of kit you need by law is a helmet the rest is optional if you wanna stay alive in the event of a crash

Anonymous
    Inactive

Cheers for the advice gents. What is a good make of helmet to get? For the rest of the gear I was thinking mostly Triumph stuff (being the Triumph fan that I am), some of it second hand.

Gix
    Participant

quote:

Originally posted by MCi Automotive

What is a good make of helmet to get?

If you are made of money, a shoei, arai or suomy, but KBC, HJC, Nitro, Lazer etc all have to pass the same minimum standards – fit is more important than how much it costs, no good having a £400 lid that dont fit, better to have a £100 lid that fits perfect [;)]

GSF K1
    Participant

Go for the best that you can afford, you only have one brain!

And make sure that you try it on first.. mail order for helmets is a waste of time and effort!

sid
    Participant

quote:

Originally posted by GSF K1

you only have one brain!

not always applicable[:D]

HippoDrones
    Participant

If you want some cheep new kit try this place:

https://www.bikesuits.com/inc/sdetail/121

They got some good kit there. Am going to be getting myself a set of textiles and a 1 piece race suit from them soon! :D

GSF K1
    Participant

What you trying to say sid??? My brains in my arse??? (Thats what me missus keeps saying!)

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.