Rat trike

Home Forums Rat bikes Rat trike

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 19 total)
  • Author
    GSX Rat
    Participant

Saw one of those kids trikes dumped down the alley, knackered front wheel but the frame looked good. As i just cant pass up a bargain i grabbed it as i thought one day i’d do something with it. Over a couple of beers last night we came up with the obvious solution – strap an engine to it!!!

Here’s what they look like originally:

trike1.jpg

Had an old mountain bike front end and was just going to use the wheel but i noticed the forks on it and thought why not! So that went on along with an old set of bmx stunt pegs for footrests.

Motor is an old lawnmower engine, that again was found dumped as the blades were knackered. I always knew it’d come in some day – its been lurking in the garage for 2 years now!

Throttle twistgrip is off an old moped and the tank came from the mower – was a bit hairy stick welding that on!!!

All it needs now is a set of rear wheels, an exhaust bending up and the chain drive sorting and it’ll be a runner…

Oh – and painting matt black of course!

Well here’s the results of 2 1/2 hours with the drill, grinder and the hacksaw…

trike2.jpg

trike3.jpg

GSX750 Ratfighter / SR125 Rat / GSX600F / Beamish250 / Honda70 Rat / Honda250 Rat Racer

Blackboard paint – Covers a multitude of sins!

imperialdata
    Keymaster

Faaaaantastic! Shame the mower blades aren’t still attached because it doesn’t look dangerous enough yet[;)]

Bagsy first second go.

Hooly, you are the man!

GSX Rat
    Participant

When it gets going i’ll hopefully post a link to a quick vid of it in all it’s er….. Glory?

GSX750 Ratfighter / SR125 Rat / GSX600F / Beamish250 / Honda70 Rat / Honda250 Rat Racer

Urban Terrorist
    Participant

You sir, are a class a nutter!! We salute you!!!!

More than 2-strokes is masturbation!!

XV16
    Participant

Bet it handles better than some trikes i’ve seen too!![:D]
    But must agree with UT! Give him a forum medal ID.

Best Regards
    Stuart XV16

Please note that some of the comments and articles posted may not represent my views or the views of FORUM99 and its moderators.

HELP KEEP THIS FORUM ALIVE! PLEASE DONATE.

GSX Rat
    Participant

Little progress, still got chain drive to sort but we’re getting there…

wildwest-vigilante-04-bikepics-198249.jpg

(apologies for size)

cheers! – medal gratefully received, hopefully when i/we/all make a show or event i’ll bring it along so everyone can share in my insanity !!!

Christina
    Participant

Very cool! Can’t wait to see it go.
    Have to ask though, did you ever fall off your bike without your helmet on? [;)]

Urban Terrorist
    Participant

I belive as a toddler, he tried climbing out of the cot head first!!!!

Either that or when he was cleaning his ears with cottonwall buds, he pushed abit too far and his brain ran out!!!

Having met him though, he is sneaky!! He acts like a normal rational person!!!

GSX Rat
    Participant

quote:

Originally posted by Urban Terrorist

Having met him though, he is sneaky!! He acts like a normal rational person!!!

Sir, i would like to dispute this. When i met you i purchased three honda 250 superdreams. A rational man would not purchase one never mind three!!!

Urban Terrorist
    Participant

That maybe be true, but you still pretend to normal!!!!

Anonymous
    Inactive

Very eccentric project could only be British. I love it!

XV16
    Participant

Is it finished yet Hooly?

Best Regards
    Stuart XV16

Please note that some of the comments and articles posted may not represent my views or the views of FORUM99 and its moderators.

“The normally careful and competent actions of a reasonable individual should be considered legal.”

GSX Rat
    Participant

not quite, have made up the bearing / clutch shaft, and acquired bearings but i’ve been working on the sandracer to get it finished for the start of the season next month – pics to follow!

Shouldnt be too long though hopefully…

I slept with faith and found a corpse in my arms on awakening; I drank and danced all night with doubt and found her a virgin in the morning.
    Aleister Crowley (1875 – 1947)

wheelie
    Participant

Finished now? Wanna see pics!

I’ve donated to the forum, have you?

GSX Rat
    Participant

bearings and clutch assy fitted, final drive still to hook up – now spending more time looking for a job………….

I slept with faith and found a corpse in my arms on awakening; I drank and danced all night with doubt and found her a virgin in the morning.
    Aleister Crowley (1875 – 1947)

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 19 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.