Pothole warning A448

Home Forums BikeMeet Cafe Pothole warning A448

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    Radar

Had a good blast today with Gix (Fiz) and Toggs up to Rutland water.

On my way back home whilst riding along the A448 between Bromsgrove and Kidderminster I went over this huge and rather nasty pothole:

P4060091.jpg
    A448 just out side Bromsgrove heading towards Kidderminster

The bike shuddered as I hit and I dam nearly come off, I was doing about 60mph and just coming back onto my side of the road having gently swept past a slow moving c*r.

P4060089.jpg

I was shocked to discover this when I checked the bike over:
    P4060092.jpg

Amazingly the wheel seems OK, but the tyre nearly blew out.

Puts me in a cold sweat thinking about it

HippoDrones
    Participant

feck that could have been a lot worse. You reported it to te local council as a danger to road users?

Radar

Will be in the morning had to dig out their numbers from a website and it was a bank holiday today

Radar

Council have now filled the pothole and sent me a compensation form to fill out

Radar

I had the wheel checked at my local bike shop and it does run out from true now by about 2.5mm-3.0mm. Just within MOT limit. So I have fitted a new front tyre in order to get the bike back on the road.

I had a quote from my dealer for a new wheel, bearings etc and that all comes to an eye watering £624. I have put the quote to the council to claim

Digger
    Participant

For peace of mind Tow,why not ask Thumper if you can borrow his front wheel off his cat for France,just swop the tyre.

Radar

quote:

Originally posted by Digger

For peace of mind Tow,why not ask Thumper if you can borrow his front wheel off his cat for France,just swop the tyre.

It is an option and I have spoken to Thumper about it, he doesn’t mind. I will be out on the T cat over the weekend so I will see how it rides.

Radar

Trevor McDonald on ITV tohight highlighting the extent of this problem

https://www.itv.com/news/tonight_22b6382406b8bd1fce689134e3534c0e.html

Gix
    Participant

British roads are a bad state of affairs, makes you wonder where all the road tax and fuel tax money goes.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.