Police condemn speeding bikers

Home Forums Pure Petrolhead Speed cameras Police condemn speeding bikers

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    XV16
    Participant

There is growing concern at the number of bikers putting their lives at risk by using Northamptonshire’s roads as a racetrack, police say.
    Police in the county carried out a survey of the speeds of 15,642 motorbikes on the most hazardous routes.
    Nearly two out of three bikers were exceeding the speed limit.
    Eight motorcyclists have died on the county’s roads since January, two more than at the same time last year.
    ‘Dangerous manoeuvres’
    Senior Collision Investigator, Pc John Spencer, said: “There is compelling evidence that shows a significant number of riders are using our roads as a racetrack.”
    The survey, carried out between June 2003 and June 2004, found that 60% of riders were exceeding the speed limit.
    Most collisions involving motorcyclists are caused by speeding, dangerous manoeuvres and risky overtakes, Pc Spencer said.
    But a set of good leathers can mean the difference between life and death, he added.
    Operation Biker
    In February, Northamptonshire Police launched Operation Biker to encourage riders to learn more about safety and speed.
    But Pc Spencer said: “Whilst we are doing all we can to help improve safety for riders through Operation Biker, many bikers seem to be throwing it back in our faces.”
    Police plan to step up the operation with extra speed cameras on roads leading to the Silverstone Circuit during the World Superbikes event from June 11-13.

Best Regards
    Stuart XV16

Please note that some of the comments and articles posted may not represent my views or the views of FORUM99 and its moderators.

HELP KEEP THIS FORUM ALIVE! PLEASE DONATE.

Gix
    Participant

More cameras, marvellous! If I wanted to go slow I would drive a car!

The roads are my race track!!

XV16
    Participant

Wonderful innit!! Maybe they should read my “Fast Tracked” post… If we were all travel at 10mph during rush hour they would change their tune a little. The traffic jams would be atrocious.

Gix
    Participant

Its all about making money anyway. They use bikers as an excuse. There are more traffic accidents involving four wheeled vehicles, bikers make news because the consequences of a 70mph crash is more severe than cars or lorries, for the motorcyclist anyway. If you crash your bike at 70mph it makes news and of course you are reckless, you are a biker after all and we are all idiots. Some pratt in a car on his mobile phone is more dangerous than a biker speeding but the car driver isn’t going to get caught by a camera.

XV16
    Participant

Now let us be politically correct, “Some pratt in a car on HIS/HER mobile phone”. LOL[;)]

Best Regards
    Stuart XV16

Please note that some of the comments and articles posted may not represent my views or the views of FORUM99 and its moderators.

HELP KEEP THIS FORUM ALIVE! PLEASE DONATE.

Gix
    Participant

OOPS! Sorry! Some pratt in a car…..

XV16
    Participant

You are forgiven[:)]

XV

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.