Photobucket…no more free hosting of images!

Home Forums BikeMeet Cafe Photobucket…no more free hosting of images!

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 27 total)
  • Author
    Radar

Well good old Photobucket have decide on no more free hosting of images! The costs per year are quite high, so I won’t be upgrading my account.  :- />:(” title=”>:(” class=”bbcode_smiley” /></p><p>Sadly this means many of my blogs have lost their pictures. I am working to replace them with images hosting elsewhere and for new posts I am using pictures I have hosting in FB albums.</p><p>I notice one or two other guys have pulled  out too, so other posts have lost images too. It is a shame, but I will try and put these back together again over time.</p><p>in the mean time if anybody can recommend an alternative free hosting website I would like to hear about it! </p></div></div><div id=

HippoDrones
    Participant

Yup, I’m not paying them. I have asked for all my images back but not heard anything yet.

I’ve not sorted a solution, although posting on Facebook and setting the image to public will allow you to embed them in here by adding the [ img ] and [ /img ] tags to the url.

elessimo
    Participant

[imho]bollocks![/imho]

Radar

I don’t know why they are doing it, everybody I know who used them is not paying up. Having a bad effect on the forum though.

HippoDrones
    Participant

It will be interesting to see how it pans out. I will be saddened if they stick with it but won’t lose sleep…. yuss, it is poo that it breaks old links, but it will be a thing in history books I believe, where the public stood up and said no to the digital companies holding them to blackmail!

elessimo
    Participant

I don’t know why they are doing it, everybody I know who used them is not paying up. Having a bad effect on the forum though.

Yes – I’m not paying either…. time for an annoyed email methinks

HippoDrones
    Participant

Radar

35358855163_dffe813e3d_m.jpg

Just signed up for a flikr account

Radar

35358855163_dffe813e3d_b.jpg

seems to work ok.

Radar

I have updated one of my bike reviews with images I have saved on flikr

Can you guys see them ok?

https://bikemeet.net/forums/topic/yamaha-mt-10-transformers-motorbikes-in-disguise-review-and-piccies/

HippoDrones
    Participant

Photos show fine mate. So a free service? Any limitations?

Radar

Photos show fine mate. So a free service? Any limitations?

1TB, which should be fine. I am still playing with it to be honest., but it seem fine, and it is free

HippoDrones
    Participant

I’ve opened an account, not got any of my old images so they are gone forever now but at least can post photos again

Radar

I’ve opened an account, not got any of my old images so they are gone forever now but at least can post photos again

I think Dave has saved back up of the site periodically, maybe some of your images would be held on these?

imperialdata
    Keymaster

Hi all. Unfortunately my backups don’t include external photos. That would mean Terabytes of data to backup.

It seems that Flickr is the best choice at the moment for external hosting.

https://www.flickr.com/

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 27 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.