Nowhere for off road biking

Home Forums BikeMeet Cafe Nowhere for off road biking

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author
    Gix
    Participant

I am sure you are all as concerned as I am, about the problem of Off Road Motorcycling – to the bikers and the local residents.

This issue has been in recent press quite a lot, not just in the likes of MCN.

The problem is that there is simply nowhere for people to ride off road motorcycles across the country anymore. Land that used to be open for off-roaders is now closed, and any attempt to create an area is swiftly brushed under the rug.

Some folks up in Rochdale have now decided to stand up against this prejudiced attitude. They have set up a campaign in their local area to try and gain support for a designated off road motorcycle track. They hope to lead the way for all towns across the country in this campaign; if they succeed then others will soon follow!

Visit the site for more information: http://www.rochdaleoffroad.co.uk
    There you can find articles illustrating how big a problem they are trying to resolve.

These guys need support. There is a form to download on the website, to print off that can then be filled with signatures.

If you are thinking; “Well, I’m not from Rochdale so whats it got to do with me?” remember that if these guys succeed, it could lead the way for more places to be set up across the country.
    We have a similar problem round where I live. The youngsters just havent got anywhere legal and safe to ride their dirt bikes, this is a shame because it gives kids something to do with their time rather than making a nuisance of themselves.

Rebel with a cause!

The roads are my race track!!

LOVE IS GIVING SOMEONE THE POWER TO DESTROY YOU, BUT TRUSTING THEM NOT TO DO IT.

imperialdata
    Keymaster

Thanks Gixxer, it’s true these sites need as much support as we can muster as it promotes biking across the country.

Gix
    Participant

Yeah, and if they pull it off up in Rochdale, who knows, they could start popping up all over the place and getting these kids to ride safely off roads can only be a good thing!

LOVE IS GIVING SOMEONE THE POWER TO DESTROY YOU, BUT TRUSTING THEM NOT TO DO IT.

Radar

quote:

Originally posted by gixerchic

Yeah, and if they pull it off up in Rochdale, who knows, they could start popping up all over the place and getting these kids to ride safely off roads can only be a good thing!

Never ridden off road myself, but have always fancied a bash at doing so. Hope their campaign is a success.
    Keep us informed Gixer

Donate – it makes you feel good!

Gix
    Participant

I will Radar.
    I am actually going up there on Sunday to meet some of the folks involved. Support petitions to be collected, people to see etc, they are run off their feet so going on up there to lend a hand, they need all the help they can get. They have the backing of the local police and a few councillors on their side, but as you can imagine, like with any new ventures or proposals, they have their opposition too. I will keep people informed as to progress.

GO ON! DONATE! YOU KNOW YA WANNA!

GSX Rat
    Participant

ey up gc – bearing mind what you said on a different thread, some of your posts sound a bit familiar or am i off the mark here…..

I slept with faith and found a corpse in my arms on awakening; I drank and danced all night with doubt and found her a virgin in the morning.
    Aleister Crowley (1875 – 1947)

Blackboard paint – Covers a multitude of sins!

Gix
    Participant

I have absolutely no idea what you’re on about Hooly. PM me if there is a problem mate.
    If you are on about a thread on a different forum, that was posted by the one of the peeps I am off to see, we have both been ‘spreading the word’. You may of course, have seen the post on several other forums!

GSX Rat
    Participant

noo nooo noooo

i was leathered at the time….

*clutching head…………

I slept with faith and found a corpse in my arms on awakening; I drank and danced all night with doubt and found her a virgin in the morning.
    Aleister Crowley (1875 – 1947)

Blackboard paint – Covers a multitude of sins!

Gix
    Participant

You really shouldn’t drink so much hooly! It fries your brain!
    He he he he he![:D]

Gix
    Participant

Well, went up as planned. Matt showed me what he had been doing and what had planted the idea in his head in the first place. They are up against some strong opposition but I have every faith that these guys can pull it off. We sat in the house drinking coffee cos me and the lady I met up with on the services, were froze through! They are working so hard that I do feel a little ashamed that I cant do more to help. For such a young man though, Matt certainly knows what he’s doing!
    The ride up took me on some great roads, pity the weather was so bad. The route I took will be in ‘Great Biking Roads’ very shortly!

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.