Norton Sell Off.

Home Forums British beef Norton Sell Off.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 19 total)
  • Author
    Radar

There was a big sale yesterday (28/11/03) of all the remaining contents of the old Norton factory in Shenstone Staffs. So ends an era, very sad day for the British bike industry. I visited the factory around the time the F1 was on sale and there seemed to be real hope of a revival back then in 1990. I also saw the Rotary racers at Snetterton in the late 1980’s and were just awesome. So fast on the main straight that the RC30 and OWO1 were simply blown away. Perhaps the Norton brand can rise again with a visionary at the helm, much in the way Triumph has.

cookeye
    Participant

radar i remember them well those smokey oilyw**kel fast things later ones even had good looks on thier side shame they stoped them from raceing them.

cookeye
    Participant

Did you notice that the word w**kel has been censerd in my post do you think it is on enviromental grounds or gramer like mine[:D][:D]
    cookeye
    [;)]

imperialdata
    Keymaster

Gorgeous bike at the time but now looks a little “sports tourer” ish.

Swear filter is sitting in the background and occasionally picks up the odd ‘proper’ word with a rude word enveloped inside. No spelling mistakes, just me being over-cautious.

Although, that said, it’s for the same reasons the ‘powers that be’ on the Web don’t allow http://www.sc**thorpe.co.uk

Radar

Isn’t that where Kevin Keegan started his football career? Nuff said…

Anonymous
    Inactive

What happened to the Nortonw**kel engine? Didn’t someone have the blueprints and want to produce it in a different frame?

Anonymous
    Inactive

Oh, and hi to all of you guys on this forum, I’m new to this game. Be gentle with me.

cookeye
    Participant

beefstew
    welcome we are gentle with everyone thanks for joining us
    cookeye
    tell us about yourself and your rides

cookeye
    Participant

Hope you all had a nice Christmas
    I found this on me mates website thought you might like to look at it, he is one of them real clever blokes that dont stop untill its perfect, this was the finish of one of them type bikes,oh yeh its a norton
    bike1j.jpg

Radar

Had a good Xmas Cheers. The Norton looks tasty, what is your mates website address?

cookeye
    Participant

http://www.t8ts.co.ukRadar its the freind of mine that sells the triumph parts.
    cookeye
    [;)]

VVankel
    Participant

Hiya from newbie on here… just how many bike forums are there on the www[?] my bike is a Norton Interpol 2 Rotary. I cant figure out how to attach a piccy on here so heres a link (hopefully) to my homepage which has a pic of my bike outside the Ace Cafe…
    https://homepage.ntlworld.com/derek.nicol/

VVankel
    Participant
    Gix
    Participant

VVankel…welcome mate!
    To post a piccie, go to said piccie on site, right click on piccie, select properties, copy url, then use the image tags and paste piccie.
    like this….
    [img**]https://homepage.ntlworld.com/derek.nicol/index_files/MyPicAce.jpg[**/img]

but without the stars gives you this…
    MyPicAce.jpg

Your piccie!
    The image tags are in the row of boxes on the format line[;)]

Artificial intelligence is no match for natural stupidity.

LOVE IS GIVING SOMEONE THE POWER TO DESTROY YOU, BUT TRUSTING THEM NOT TO DO IT.

GO ON! DONATE! YOU KNOW YA WANNA!

imperialdata
    Keymaster

And what a beauty it is, welcome to the forum VVankel. Did you restore it or buy it like that?

Can’t think of a better backdrop for a pic of that bike!

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 19 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.