NEW STYLE GATSO

Home Forums Pure Petrolhead Speed cameras NEW STYLE GATSO

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 17 total)
  • Author
    XV16
    Participant

New digital speed cameras have been installed on the A4 in Bristol. The “SpeedCurb” cameras are made by Kidderminster based firm “Monitron International” which was recently put into the hands of administrators who promptly sacked half the workforce.
    The cameras do not use film but are linked by phone to a control centre. They are placed on top of a 6 metre pole to discourage vandals and are much smaller than Gatso cameras to make them less visible to drivers.

car_portal_pic_16300_t.jpg

Best Regards
    Stuart XV16

Please note that some of the comments and articles posted may not represent my views or the views of FORUM99 and its moderators.

The normally careful and competent actions of a reasonable individual should be considered legal!

Gix
    Participant

I thought speed cameras were meant to be highly visible! Isnt that why the government keep saying they are for safety and not revenue? If they are less visible then they are to raise more cash not for safety, surely?!?!
    And do they really think a six metre high camera is gonna discourage vandals? Yeah right! As if!

Rebel with a cause!

The roads are my race track!!

imperialdata
    Keymaster

What happens if someone breaks the speed limit? I presume that the control centre gets notified but what happens after that?

XV16
    Participant

These new scams operate the same as the specs system (digital to database), when detected you will automatically receive a ticket, its shite I know and yes Gix its all about the revenue. [V][V]

Best Regards
    Stuart XV16

Please note that some of the comments and articles posted may not represent my views or the views of FORUM99 and its moderators.

“The normally careful and competent actions of a reasonable individual should be considered legal”!

GSX Rat
    Participant

except unlike specs they are forward facing and can therefore capture the plates of motorcycles – cunning eh!

I slept with faith and found a corpse in my arms on awakening; I drank and danced all night with doubt and found her a virgin in the morning.
    Aleister Crowley (1875 – 1947)

Blackboard paint – Covers a multitude of sins!

XV16
    Participant

When these are used as traffic light cameras, they have the capability of turning into speed cams when the lights are on green.

Best Regards
    Stuart XV16

“The normally careful and competent actions of a reasonable individual should be considered legal.”

Gix
    Participant

Where on earth do you get all of your info from?

Rebel with a cause!

XV16
    Participant

ABD, MAG, BMF, Safespeed, Numerous forums and numerous news sites. Lots of time, but damn worth the cause..

Message to all:
    Don’t just sit and take it. FIGHT BACK!! Every little helps!

Best Regards
    Stuart XV16

“The normally careful and competent actions of a reasonable individual should be considered legal.”

Gix
    Participant

You’re right. Worth the cause. Joined a couple but am curious as to why you removed the other organisation?

Rebel with a cause!

XV16
    Participant

Errrmm! Maybe not PC…

Best Regards
    Stuart XV16

GSX Rat
    Participant

i gotta ask, what was the other organisation…

I slept with faith and found a corpse in my arms on awakening; I drank and danced all night with doubt and found her a virgin in the morning.
    Aleister Crowley (1875 – 1947)

Blackboard paint – Covers a multitude of sins!

Gix
    Participant

You will have to ask XV16 mate. Not sure why he removed it so I wont say in case I cause offence!

Rebel with a cause!

XV16
    Participant

It was a spelling a mistake!! Sorry ;-)

Best Regards
    Stuart XV16

Gix
    Participant

Gosh Stuart! You get worse at this typing lark! Thought I was bad! He He. You are forgiven though!

Rebel with a cause!

Sledge
    Participant

Not into burning tyres anyway, too much polution!
    But a few fumes from a still saw…… ;-)

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 17 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.