New speed limit

Home Forums Pure Petrolhead Speed cameras New speed limit

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    XV16
    Participant

New speed limit and four-poster SPECs system.

The A631 Gainsborough Road (Bawtry to Gainsborough) between Everton and Gringly on the Hill now has a lower speed limit.
    The speed limit on this road as been reduced to 50mph and a brand new SPECs system was installed at the same time. The SPECs system runs from, the East of Everton Village to the East of Gringly on the hill, covering both directions, it is a four-post combination.
    Many parts of the A631 are still dual carriageway and do not warrant a speed reduction. This site will be very lucrative for the authorities.

Best Regards
    XV16 Stuart.

Best Regards
    Stuart XV16

Please note that some of the comments and articles posted may not represent my views or the views of FORUM99 and its moderators.

HELP KEEP THIS FORUM ALIVE! PLEASE DONATE.

imperialdata
    Keymaster

Four post system?

XV16
    Participant

SPECs use 2 points over variable distances and calculate your speed between both of them. more sophisticated systems can have a number of combinations and they all work in conjunction with each other. My local SPECs system has 7 points to pass through, a majority of the general public don’t understand the way they work thus slowing as they pass the first cam and then speeding up until they approach the second. This is too late your average speed between the 2 is taken and an automatic NIP is on its way.

This is what they look like…
    Take note of the emblem on the mast elbow

stocksbridge.specs.jpg

imperialdata
    Keymaster

Thanks for the explanation XV. Can’t quite see the emblem in the corner of the mast, what is it?

XV16
    Participant

I’ll take a close up the next time I pass and post IT.

XV16
    Participant

As promised…

specs.jpg

Best Regards
    Stuart XV16

Please note that some of the comments and articles posted may not represent my views or the views of FORUM99 and its moderators.

HELP KEEP THIS FORUM ALIVE! PLEASE DONATE.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.