New bike time

Home Forums Jap stuff New bike time

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    england883
    Participant

Soon time for a new bike (when the guzzi is sold) so its back to jappers for me after a few years of “being different”. Like the 1200 bandit, good all rounder easy to work on. XJr1300 looks good but never had a yam. Got on well with Kwacks before the ZX1200R looks the part. I think it will be a bandit but the ZX is calling me! She who must be ignored likes the XJ. Anyone had these bikes for a while? What do you think? Let have all the usual stuff, fun factor, mpg, pillion comfort, touring etc. Will probably make a change from the magazine reviews.

Radar

Never owned any, but the XJR1300 just looks fabulous. BIKE magazine are running one as a long term test bike and it gets middling reviews, but apparently they been flooded with lettres and e-mails supporting the big Yam.
    The new 1200 Bandit just isn’t as good looking as the early ones for me, probably a better bike though. Only bloke I talked to with one loves it.
    I have only had one Kawasaki (a KH) so I can’t say much about the ZX. Looks great and the most modern of your three under the 1970.s/80’s clothes.

Welcome to the forum, why 883? Harley link?

imperialdata
    Keymaster

Agreed Radar, the Yam is gorgeous. If it was me I’d probably go for the ZX1200R then the XJR1300 but then I’m a big Yammie/Kwak man at heart. The Bandit is a great bike too, I guess it all comes down to personal preference. And like Radar, I’ve never owned one of the three, just want to put in my two-penneth.

Welcome to the forum, hope you enjoy it. Let us know your choice (and whether she who must be ignored was listened to at any stage in the decision making process!)[]

Must get some ‘under the thumb’ smilies…..

england883
    Participant

Thanks, maybe there will be some input from owners of these bikes. 883 – yes had a sportster for 3 years fairly std apart from 1200 conversion. A good bike.

Radar

BIKE magazine are running a full report on their with XJR1300 in the April edition. Includes owners views might be worth a look for you.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.