My moped and I

Home Forums Members’ bikes My moped and I

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    Muppdog
    Participant

Hi everyone out there,
    Just to introduce myself and the moped. Ever since I was 16 years old I envied those tough guys on their XT500s. I couldn’t afford one so I got myself an XT250, 43000 km later another one. On holiday in France in 1984 I came across the legend: XT600Tenere, in blue. My mind was made up, I had to have one. Sill couldn’t afford it and got a very good XT550. Loved that one! In 1987 I got myself a family. The end of biking. Big jump to 2004. By chance find an XT600 Tenere in the local paper. And it is blue! Went to see it and fell in love all over again. Bought it for half the asking price because of its condition. It is being restored at the moment. Not many of those around any more. Specially the 1VJ. Best looking XT ever but with some serious design faults. All corrected now and for the last five months totally reliable.
    What a bike. May the legend live on!

Muppdog

Gix
    Participant

Welcome to the forum Muppdog! Post a piccie if you got one so we can all have a looksee at your pride and joy!

The roads are my race track!!

LOVE IS GIVING SOMEONE THE POWER TO DESTROY YOU, BUT TRUSTING THEM NOT TO DO IT.

GO ON! DONATE! YOU KNOW YA WANNA!

Muppdog
    Participant

As soon as it (She)got new clothes on.

Muppdog

Gix
    Participant

No probs, get her dressed and posted. Will be doin some much needed cosmetic work on me own bike come spring, finances allowing of course.

The roads are my race track!!

LOVE IS GIVING SOMEONE THE POWER TO DESTROY YOU, BUT TRUSTING THEM NOT TO DO IT.

GO ON! DONATE! YOU KNOW YA WANNA!

imperialdata
    Keymaster

Hi and welcome to the forum, Muppdog. A family is as good an excuse as any to break from biking but when it’s in your blood it comes back out sooner or later. A project like the XT6 will be a worthwhile one, may take the time to get the bits though. What do you need to do?

Muppdog
    Participant

Hi,
    need to do the works. Total strip, powdercoating chassis, rebore, new piston, new camchain, new plastics, new paint job, new brake disc, new exhaust, bigger oilcooler, oil thermostat, check the dreadded fifth gear sprocket, bigger oil pump……..! Sounds worse than it is. Parts are no problem at all. If I can’t get them here I can get them from Germany. Loads of XT’s still about there. They also got an excellent forum at http://www.xt600.de. Any XTlers out there have a look.
    Safe ride

Muppdog

The lack of power cannot be replaced with madness

Radar

Welcome back to biking and to the forum. Look forward to seeing the pictures.

Donate – it makes you feel good!

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.