Matlock Bath, A6 near Chesterfield

Home Forums Meetings and events Matlock Bath, A6 near Chesterfield

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    James B
    Participant

Every Sunday all year round. There are more in summer, around 300 bikes line the road. You can find it near chesterfield on the A6. All types of bike turn up. There is a small kiosk in a car park by the pelican crossing that does a nice bacon and sausage sandwich.

Radar

Try to get up there at least once a year. Well worth it, good variet of bikes there usually and some reasonable bike clothing ans related assecory shops too.
    Went up last on the Thundercat with mates on Bandit 1200, Honda Valerdero, BMW K75S, Yam SRX400 and Kwack ZXR750. Quite a variety just there!

imperialdata
    Keymaster

Nice place but I have bad memories of Matlock bath. First time I’d taken the new girlfriend on the bike and I parked up, chained the helmets to the bike and stuffed the gloves inside. She said “Will the gloves be safe inside there?” I said “Sure, it’s a bit of a bikers’ code not to pinch from other bikers”. Yep, you guessed it, they were gone when I got back and I had to ride back to Birmingham gloveless. Luckily the glow of shame kept my hands warm.

Oh, and I married that girlfriend and she reminds me of my misplaced trust every few months. I just say it must have been a car driver that nicked ’em…..

Scouser
    Participant

Been to Matlock quite a few times mainly for a jumbo breakfast for about £4.50.Good ride out tons of bikes like James B says. Maybe we could arrange a forum ride out in the future?

ID, it wasn’t a scouser who nicked your gloves, they would have taken the bike!
    Radar, it’s Varadero or was that the Val Doonican link? (linked brakes make the bike dip / dive even if you press the rear brake, Radar reckons just like Val Doonicans rocking chair!)

Thundercats are on the loose, Thundercats are here…Go Liono!

imperialdata
    Keymaster

LOL, apparently Scousers wear gloves when they don’t want their fingerprints on anything []

James B
    Participant

A forum ride-out could be fun, I’ve got a box if you want to put you gloves in it.[]

Radar

Sorry about spelling Valerdonkey wrong Scouser!
    My T Cat is also blessed with a dumb name.
    In answer to James B, I am up for a Forum ride-out at some point in the summer, and I will bring some spare gloves for ID!

imperialdata
    Keymaster

Thanks, guys. You’ve built up my trust in bikers again!

No pink flowery gloves though please, Radar.

GSX Rat
    Participant

quote:

Originally posted by imperialdata

LOL, apparently Scousers wear gloves when they don’t want their fingerprints on anything []

On the subject, what do you call a scouser in a suit?

The accused!

GSX750 Ratfighter / GSX600F / Beamish250 / Honda70 Rat

Blackboard paint – Covers a multitude of sins!

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.