Luggage for my Yam Super Ten.

Home Forums BikeMeet Cafe Luggage for my Yam Super Ten.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    daviedevs
    Participant

After our mega Balkans trip i decided that the standard yamaha panniers needed replacing with something a tad wider so that her SWMBO can get her inner bags in and out without having to squeeze or heave. We usually ended up taking the panniers off at every hotel as it was easier and quicker than taking the inner bags out.(But not lighter!!!!!)

After taking a fully loaded inner bag to various shops we eventually found that the Givi Outback panniers offered us an extra 3 cm’s either side plus inside the lid there’s a gap at the top for a small cargo net for bits and bobs.

So online I go to source and price the above.

Her indoors suggested waiting for the bike show as Givi have a stand there. I decide to get the best price possible online and then haggle at the show.

To cut a long story short..cheapest price at show for 2 x 37 litre side cases plus rack £845. I haggle for a deal and they say £725 but don’t tell anyone!!

I did’nt have the heart to tell the guy that I could get them..online..direct from Italy for £510 free delivery and the cargo nets thrown in for free! It was a Black Friday deal..but hey..who cares?

So that’s what I did. Delivered within 2 weeks too.

New bikes at the show………great ………….True bargains…not so great.

ses310

I have an Outback topbox on my GS and it’s been awesome! I think the days of bargains at the shows are long gone, you can get stuff cheaper online or even the same price at shops.

Radar

Sounds like you did pretty well there!

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.