Knackered toothbrush

Home Forums BikeMeet Cafe Knackered toothbrush

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    elessimo
    Participant

Well it had been too long since I’d ridden either bike so last weekend I bit the bullet, girded me loins, and tackled our greasy, mossy, leafy, licheny driveway with my trusty discarded toothbrush (Oral B, to get right into the tamped concrete ridges).

P1120695_zpsdpnoxk7h.jpg
    Halfway stage – left strip done (and the top section – out of sight)

14 hours later (I do have a 3-day weekend, luckily) I was able to take the TDM out – provisionally booking it in with our local garage for an MOT when it’s sold, to make sure it’s then got a full 12 months worth. After a pleasant blatt around the local roads it was back to swap over to the big Tiger.

Though not so big now it’s been lowered – feels very planted and feisty but much too quiet after the Yam’s twin Beowulfs. The fog was down and Jed had reported that those council hooligans had been out salting earlier so I stayed on the Forest high ground, stopping only for a large salad from a van in Whitecroft and a short photoshoot in the Speech House arboretum:

P1120702_zpsiiomielf.jpg
    Nice to find a break in the fog

P1120705_zpssbnpvfpi.jpg
    Still a joy to ride – keeping it warm with a little sheepskin purloined from one of the locals

HippoDrones
    Participant

driveway is looking less slipery

elessimo
    Participant

driveway is looking less slipery

Much grippier now thanks – just waiting for the lashing rain to stop now…..  :

Radar

I was going to wonder out today but had family visiting. Took them up to my local bikers cafe for a salad…

Glad to see somebody out!

elessimo
    Participant

I was going to wonder out today but had family visiting. Took them up to my local bikers cafe for a salad…

Just got back from Hungary (checking out a local racetrack in county Vas) and found some parts had arrived for the Yam – need to take it out for a blast tomorrow to try ’em out, if this rain lets up.
    Otherwise it’ll be next weekend (council salters willing!)….     

Radar

Just got back from Hungary (checking out a local racetrack in county Vas) and found some parts had arrived for the Yam – need to take it out for a blast tomorrow to try ’em out, if this rain lets up.
    Otherwise it’ll be next weekend (council salters willing!)….     

Welcome to drop in if you venture that far

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.