Kawasaki GPz500

Home Forums Jap stuff Kawasaki GPz500

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    Radar

Had a quick blast on one of these yesterday and came away surprised and impressed.
    They have a bit of “sensible” image, but I thought it braked, handled and went really well. Loads of fun. Good to get a thrash on something as various circumstances mean that I have been stuck with four wheels lately, and boy are VW Passats dull. Could be worse…could be a diesel people carrier!!

wheelie
    Participant

Just got caught speeding on a Kwakker so can’t comment mate.

Radar

At least you have the credability of been done on a bike; I picked up my last 3 points in a diesel SKODA estate car!

Andy P
    Participant

quote:

and boy are VW Passats dull. Could be worse…could be a diesel people carrier!!

Feel like a turbo diesel race coming on![B)]
    They are pretty good for taking your mates to the pub though!

Ange M
    Participant

Nothing wrong with the old GPZ500s did 7000 miles on mine last year including a weeks camping in Scotland, need to keep stirring the gearbox when loaded with camping gear but other than that it`s a dam good bike and very under rated

It`s off to Belguim and France this year,plus quite a few rallys and camping weekends,so looks like another 7000 + miles is on the cards !! :-)

GPZ500s rider from Skegness

imperialdata
    Keymaster

My GPZ900R has still done more miles abroad than in this country. You just can’t beat a camping holiday on a motorbike with sun, sea, sand and….. well…..sprockets!

Actually, I prefer the mountains and the twisty roads around them, but had to get the sprocket gag in.

Favourite biking roads have to be those in Northern Spain and after that maybe Ardeche in the South of France.

Ange M
    Participant

Hoping to do 2weeks in Spain next year and incorporate the Moto gp atValencia but may change the bike before then, as she works hard enough and 2 other superbikes along with her I don’t want to break her heart[V]

GPZ500s rider from Skegness

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.