Katana Streetfighter

Home Forums Members’ bikes Katana Streetfighter

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Author
    katana
    Participant

My current bike is a 1985 Suzuki Katana GSX750SE (pop-up headlight).

If you look on the link below you can see that it is far from standard.(mine is the yellow one in front of the white garage door)
    https://www.katanacentral.co.uk/community/yourkats/gsx750se.asp

As it’s nearly 20 years old I’m always looking for parts so if anyone has an unloved Kat in their shed then let me know.

Radar

Like the bike, looks excellent. Rare model and I love the look of the standard ones too. Hard to believe they are nudging 20 years old as they look so amazing!

wheelie
    Participant

Nice one, what headlight are you using?

katana
    Participant

It s a twin headlight conversion which I bought from a company called Vixen Motorcycles. Although I’ve just checked thier web site and it no longer exists ?

M&P sell the same type part# 500 393 £64.99(lights) and 500 237 £6.99(brackets). They were dead easy to fit and the brackets give a handy mounting point for the indicators. These came from M&P part# 500 151 £14.99 per pair.

Hope this helps

Katana

cookeye
    Participant

Looks good in yella
    karl.jpg
    cookeye
    [;)]

imperialdata
    Keymaster

Think it’s aged a lot with the fairing on, but unfaired the Katana still looks great. Any probs with the exhaust grounding out? Looks very low at the bottom.

katana
    Participant

No I haven’t had any trouble even under heavy braking. Although I am always steady over the dreaded speed bumps. It looks worse on the photo then it really is.

I need to buy a set of tyres. The current ones are Metzelers which I’m not that happy with. I can get hold of a pair of Pirelli Sport Demons for a good price. Has anybody had experience (good or bad) of these [?]

Thanks

Katana

cookeye
    Participant

Katana
    I have been in tyres for about twenty odd years car not bike, most of the top brands are as good as each other, i think they all use computers to do the hard work,
    If you would like to talk to someone i use for my bike tyres and have trusted for a long time try simon at http://www.felixstowemotorcycles.com he often has tyre offers that i cannot match at trade prices[:D]
    give him a call feel free to tell him mick cook told you to ring,and hopefully he can help you out.
    cookeye
    [;)]

katana
    Participant

Thanks mate I’ll give him a ring[^]

twobuffaloes007
    Participant

rode 1100 kat as a foolish youth in S.A. in the 80’s, stonking motor and the predecesor of the awsome gsxr range. silver with red graphics and a dodgy black and grey seat, thought i was luke skywalker. I ride a 1993 gsxr 750w now, wich is more than enough for me now.
    take care
    gary

boo

katana
    Participant

Yeah those twin shock Kats are a bit of a handful. A friend of mine had one and described it handling like “a puppy on a lead”.

Welcome to the forum99. Is your GSXR standard?

Katana

logospin.gif

twobuffaloes007
    Participant

hi , yes it is until i can’t get any more spares. or the arthritis forces me to fighter it when it gets too much of a bind to ride a race bike[:D]

BOO!!!

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.