Honda VTR1000 or Suzuki SV1000

Home Forums Jap stuff Honda VTR1000 or Suzuki SV1000

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    Radar

Thinking of buying one of these two for a replacement (or supplement to) my Thundercat.
    Opinions anybody?

Gix
    Participant

My dad had the VTR Firestorm and then the SP1. He rated the Firestorm because its better at low speeds than the VTR1000SP1 which he said was heavy, cumbersome and jerky at lower speeds. Don’t know anyone with SV1000 but some friends rated its baby brother very highly. Have you test ridden either of them?

The roads are my race track!!

wheelie
    Participant

SV is a cool tool, I rode one and they are very different. Firestorm is pretty powerful and smooth.

I’ve donated to the forum, have you?

Radar

Thanks for opinions. I rode a VTR in 97 when they first came out and I really rated it apart from slightly soggy forks and brakes. Lovely engine, popped a monster wheelie on the throttle. First since my days on the RDs!
    Anybody know where I can get a go on an SV demo?

Gordy
    Participant

Matey it’s no big deal. Both are mid-range so-so motorcycles from profit-focused manufacturers. Both are reasonably well developed. Both have UK-wide service back-up. Either will be fun. Both will be faster and more caperble than you. So choose the one that appeals to your heart-strings. It really is as simple as that.

Radar

Some fantastic deals on the SV1000S right now. But those clocks…

Donate – Or Imperial Data will have you sorted!

Radar

In the end, after a long hard look at the SV I decided to pass. The deal by the way was £1 down and £150 per month for 36 months from the Motorcycle Mart of Kidderminster.

https://www.motorcyclemart.co.uk/

Is it all real??

Radar

I bought the XJR, couldn’t bring myself to buy the Suzuki!

You can live more in five minutes on a motorbike going high speed than you can going slow in your whole lifetime

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.