Honda C50

Home Forums Common parts list Honda C50

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    Anonymous
    Inactive

Can I fit a barrel and piston from a C90 onto a C50? (1986 model)

ac mitchell
    Participant

Hi uhuh, dont know,but in the classic motorcycle mechanics issue 187 a guy doing a rebuild on a monkey bike a honda DAX which has the same engine as the step throughs, Quotes,I know the top ends are interchangeable between the 50 and 70,but not with the 90 which implies the 90s are different unquote,That was from the May2003 issue.You may be able to ask the chap, this is hes web address from the Magazine, [email protected], OK?

Tony

acm

imperialdata
    Keymaster

Fitted a C70 barrel and piston to my SS50. Thought I would get 2 fifths more power – WRONG! I guess that’s the naive logic of a 16 year old who desperately wants to overtake buses.

wheelie
    Participant

He he he. Remember overtaking buses was a real challenge on them 50’s

I’ve donated to the forum, have you?

Big_Evil
    Participant

This is Irrelevant I know….but the fork seals on the C50 are the same ones for a Honda CG 125 if anyone cares.

imperialdata
    Keymaster

Not irrelevant at all mate, just the kind of info someone may need.

(I care [;)])

GSX Rat
    Participant

Not quite the same but i have a 70cc top end on my 1980 honda 50 rat, went straight on with no problems. remember to fit the carb too tho! , or at least change the jet size….

GSX750 Ratfighter / GSX600F / Beamish250 / Honda70 Rat

Blackboard paint – Covers a multitude of sins!

GSX Rat
    Participant

actually, whilst im here – the front end off a honda cg125 is a straight swap for all that leading link rubbish (or at least was on mine!), and as an added bonus looks cool as a snowmans boll***s

I also bought a box of assorted 70 and 90 spares off ebay when i was building bike and it looks like most stuff is interchangeable.

GSX750 Ratfighter / GSX600F / Beamish250 / Honda70 Rat

Blackboard paint – Covers a multitude of sins!

Helmet
    Participant

I too have had a lot of bits swapped over the other way from my donor c50 to a cg125.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.