Hit a car!

Home Forums CRASH! Hit a car!

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Author
    Gix
    Participant

Had my first injury crash last night coming back from Skeggy! Ouch!
    Coming out of Nottingham onto the A543. Island with pedestrian traffic lights straight after. Came round island and a chap was pulling out on me from the left. Watching him with anticipation, I failed to see the traffic lights had turned red. Two cars infront of me the chap did an emergency stop, he should of carried on as he failed to stop before the crossing. The car in front also slammed anchors on but as I was concerntrating on avoiding the guy pulling out, I failed to stop in time. The chap pulling out must have suddenly realised I was there and he put anchors on, I turned my attention forward and saw the cars in front had slammed brakes on, I grabbed a handful of brakes, back wheel in air, front wheel sliding. Bang. Hit the car in front with back wheel still in air!
    Result – A strapped up arm (strained tendon and detached ligament in the right wrist – whatever that is?!), a strained shoulder, a very unattractive bruise in an embarrassing area (where I hit the tank), a sore pelvis and neck (soft tissue damage) and generally feel like I have been in the boxing ring with Mike Tyson [:(]. The bike? Dont know full damage yet. Thankfully have a friend who works in Brum in a body shop and another friend who can sort forks out for me but won’t be riding for a while anyway![V]
    The bloke I hit was great, him and his wife were really helpful and concerned. The chap that nearly pulled out on me? He didn’t even stop neither did the chap who slammed on his anchors when he really did not need to.
    It was the first time I have ever done a stoppie and I managed to do a rolling one! Shame I still didn’t manage to stop in time![V]

Rebel with a cause!

The roads are my race track!!

LOVE IS GIVING SOMEONE THE POWER TO DESTROY YOU, BUT TRUSTING THEM NOT TO DO IT.

Radar

Get well soon gixer and hope the bike is not too badly damaged.

Donate – it makes you feel good!

Gix
    Participant

Thanks Radar.
    I havent even plucked up the courage to look at bike yet. A friend of mine does accident repairs (his father in law owns the business) and is taking it away at the weekend. I wont be riding for some time anyway. Got to keep this stupid plastic cast thing on my arm till I go back to hospital on Monday. Lost a bit of confidence any way. I was so lucky, could have been so much worse and I am glad I ‘bounce’ as they say, but it sorta brings it home to you doesn’t it?

Rebel with a cause!

LOVE IS GIVING SOMEONE THE POWER TO DESTROY YOU, BUT TRUSTING THEM NOT TO DO IT.

Scouser
    Participant

Get Well soon

Gix
    Participant

Cheers Scouser.

Rebel with a cause!

Lex
    Participant

Bruises gone? How is the Suzi??

Gix
    Participant

Still got arm in like a plastic cast thing to restrict movement, take it off at night, back on in morning. Only taking painkillers at night too, other bruising is just about gone.
    The bike aint good. Looks like a bent frame. Something gone really wierd with the brakes. Forks are twisted. Needs spraying but no cracked fairing thankfully! Just scrapes. Moneys tight so cosmetics can wait. Just wanna get fit and back riding again!

Rebel with a cause!

Gix
    Participant

Woooooooohooooooooooooooo! Get bike back Sunday afternoon all being well! The chap thats fixing it (Paul – top bloke), says I was very lucky. Bike been stripped and no bend in the frame (what a relief!). Forks were quite badly twisted in the yoke which probably explains why he was concerned about the frame, front caliper bolt on near side caliper sheared. A few extra scratches and scrapes (badly in need of a respray now!) and a couple of nice ‘grooves’ on the front mudguard where it went under the car.
    Still got a bad arm but bugger it! Once me bikes back I will be straight on it for a blast to blow away the cobwebs!

Rebel with a cause!

Gix
    Participant

Woooooohhhhhhhooooooooooooooooooooo! I’m back on the road! My father is on his way over right now to pick me up to take me to get my bike back! Wooooooohoooooooooooooo!

Jonnyfp
    Participant

Sorry bout the crash..nothing beats gettin ya bike back afterwards tho does it?

Gix
    Participant

Na! Its great, especially as its my only means of transport![][:p]

Jonnyfp
    Participant

quote:

Originally posted by gixerchic

Na! Its great, especially as its my only means of transport![][:p]

Same ere, gonna have to join the cagers soon.[:I]

Gix
    Participant

No way! Stick to me bike! Went out on it this morning, lost a bit of confidence but that’ll soon come back. Didn’t help with it raining!
    With a bit of luck I wont be posting my own experiences in Crash section again![:p]

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.