Help us please

Home Forums BikeMeet Cafe Help us please

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Author
    DazBike
    Participant

If it wasn’t for the forums this campaign would never got off the ground, so thanks to everyone that has done their bit for the killspills campaign. (if you don’t know what Im talking about see the website http://www.killspills.org.uk)

Its now time for your help ones more. As you might know we went to Fast Bikes last week, and as a result Fast Bikes are helping us to get votes for when we go to No10. We have now set up the SMS service, which you can and hopefully will use.

If your a member of another bike forum (or non bike forum), take this post and spread the word. We really need to get this going so please don’t just ignore it. We need you to do everything and anything you can do to help.

Text: BAN SPILLS to 86025

text costs 25p and usual operator rate

You’re the first to get this so make us proud to be bikers.

DazBike – CBR600FV
    http://www.killspills.org.uk

DazBike
    Participant

this has to be the only forum that has not posted to this toppic.

what say you all?

DazBike – CBR600FV
    http://www.killspills.org.uk

imperialdata
    Keymaster

Thanks again for your hard work on trying to keep those diesel spills off our roads. I urge all members of this forum to take a peek at the killspills page and perhaps give us some feedback on this issue in this post, whether you’ve slipped/fallen off on diesel or not.

wheelie
    Participant

With you on that one guys. GET THAT DIESEL OFF THE ROAD!! Come to think of it, is there a pothole campaign going as well? I came a real cropper on a big crater and the local council didn’t want to know.

I’ve donated to the forum, have you?

XV16
    Participant

Hi Daz,
    Text gone, glad to see you are still pushing mate. I will pass the info on elsewhere.

Best Regards
    Stuart XV16

Please note that some of the comments and articles posted may not represent my views or the views of FORUM99 and its moderators.

HELP KEEP THIS FORUM ALIVE! PLEASE DONATE.

999blues
    Participant

You’re doing a great job, I nearly fell off the weekend on a diesel filled pothole. Keep up the work Daz.

Red CBX1000 with loud pipes!

XV16
    Participant

Thanks for bringing this post back to the top of the page.
    I should spend more time campaigning for Daz’s cause, well not Daz’s cause but the cause of all bikers. Any forum member or non member who has read this and not text should be ashamed of themselves. In fairness the kill spills campaign is more important than my agenda.

Best Regards
    Stuart XV16

Please note that some of the comments and articles posted may not represent my views or the views of FORUM99 and its moderators.

Anonymous
    Inactive

Can you tell us where the proceeds of the text messages go to?

GSX Rat
    Participant

quote:

Originally posted by Sharria

Can you tell us where the proceeds of the text messages go to?

I would guess towards stopping spills, but at the end of the day its 25 pence, even if it all goes into his back pocket it probably doesnt cover his time, costs etc – at least someones getting off their arse to do something about it, hows your “stop diesel spills” campaign going?

Oh – that well eh, stop bitching and text – i have, i bet youd soon witter if you came off on a spill and got clobbered for your insurance excess….

GSX750 Ratfighter / SR125 Rat / GSX600F / Beamish250 / Honda70 Rat

Blackboard paint – Covers a multitude of sins!

Anonymous
    Inactive

Whoa, keep your shirt on!! I only ask because every donation scheme I see coming through my PC usually has another motive. If it all goes to a genuine cause then I and other people should be able to have the reassurance of being told that. That is the least someone can do. I will decide for myself thanks.

GSX Rat
    Participant

sorry to appear like a tosser but as i stated, even if the guy is pocketing all the cash it probably doesnt cover his time and effort etc and it’s a worthy cause….

GSX750 Ratfighter / SR125 Rat / GSX600F / Beamish250 / Honda70 Rat

Blackboard paint – Covers a multitude of sins!

XV16
    Participant

Got to be one of the best campaigns running at present. I know these don’t come cheap…. Keep it up Daz, and if you want donations let me know!

Best Regards
    Stuart XV16

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.