Help for a wannabe biker

Home Forums BikeMeet Cafe Help for a wannabe biker

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    Sidney
    Participant

Hello,

A friend of mine has sold me on the joys of riding a bike, so I have decided to take my test.

I know absolutely nothing about riding bikes and buying bikes.

Does anyone have any useful suggestions of things I should know?

Thanks

Sid

max
    Participant

NO lol

imperialdata
    Keymaster

Max – a man of few words [:D]

Hi Sid

If you haven’t taken any lessons yet, there are options to do a week’s intensive training and take a part of the test. A few people I know have done this and rate it quite highly. May seem expensive at first but it’s not too bad if you think you’ll be up and riding in a very short space of time.

Resist the temptation to go fast in the first few months until you get a few miles under your belt. We all make mistakes but on a bike it hurts more. I know, I fell off a few times too….mostly my errors of judgement in the early days. These could have been avoided with more experience.

Otherwise stick with it and have fun. Welcome to the forum, let us know how you get on and what you decide on for training, it may help someone else.

Radar

Welcome to the forum, take a look at this earlier thread:

https://bikemeet.net/forums/topic/passing-your-motorbike-test-in-the-uk/

katana
    Participant

welcome M8

Born2BMild
    Participant

Hi ya mate. welcome to the forum.

Why don’t you just do a CBT and take it from there if you like it, afterwards.

GSF K1
    Participant

Take it slowly.. Dont go for the sexiest fastest thing you can afford.. you have to gain experiance and be prepared to spend time on slower/smaller machines.

Digger
    Participant

Hello Sidney and welcome to TBF.Firstly in my opinion is there a chance you can ride pillion with some guys you know so as to get familiar with road conditions,positioning,speed,hazards and all other aspects of biking that occure in every day biking.Once you get the bug that way you appreiciate the biking way and see at first hand the joys of this fantastic enjoyable thrill.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.