Hells Bells Honda 400/4 – Update Piccie

Home Forums Members’ bikes Hells Bells Honda 400/4 – Update Piccie

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    Radar

It’s looking good…

Honda%20400%204%20Prog%2002%2021122015_zpsc5q7c7dq.jpg

imperialdata
    Keymaster

Beautiful!

ses310

Very nice!

katana
    Participant

That looks great

Hellsbells
    Participant

Thanks guys, well she passed the MOT, is now Insured and Taxed, just waiting for the better weather, still a few teething problems, with running issues but hoping to rectify, I’m thinking of changing to an electronic ignition.

Radar

Thanks guys, well she passed the MOT, is now Insured and Taxed, just waiting for the better weather, still a few teething problems, with running issues but hoping to rectify, I’m thinking of changing to an electronic ignition.

Great news, you will have to join for a run up to the cafe near Bridgnorth. I will bring out the 550 so you have some aircooled company!

Electronic ignition might be a good call, not sure where you might gwt a kit for the 400/4. I think it was a relatively common mod back in the day

Hellsbells
    Participant

Thanks Radar, look forward to that.

The bikes having a few teething issues,  mainly when Jaimo that’s the guy who’s finishing the bike for me, takes it for a spin, when the engine is hot and at a junction he has to really rev it to pull away. On checking the points they seem to have a white film on them like if a spark plug runs abit lean. The carbs have also been playing up, so they’ve been stripped again and the jets double checked and the floats, they’ve been set up by a strobe, I did have them ultrasonic cleaned last year..

I have asked him to put an inline filter on as the float bowls did have some crap in them, the tanks so old and when I bought it, they had respayed it but got paint in the tank, along with some rust. I’m hoping the filter will help.

I have googled David Silver and they do an electronic ignition for just over £100 so I’m going up later tonight to have a chat about it.

So looking forward to having it back but got to make sure everything is spot on before I ride her.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.