Hello

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 18 total)
  • Author
    jimer
    Participant

Hello All.

Just registered, got a YZ 400 SM this is the 3rd forum i’ve joined now. more the merrier. Cheers

Jimer[]

jimer

imperialdata
    Keymaster

Welcome Jimer. Nice bike the YZ, always wanted one myself. Pleased with it?

Radar

Good to have you in the forum Jimner, look forward to reading about your opinions and experiences on your bike. Like Imp Dat said, good bike, sounds like fun.

Radar

jimer
    Participant

Hi Cookeye.

thanks for replying to my message on VD, glad to here you have had two yammies, i love mine i’ve had it for two years and most of that time was in Enduro trim, but due to not going off road much is noe a SM, best thing i did i reckon its bloody good fun, better than me sportsbike days!!!!

you off too Snetterton?? would go but its 3 hours away and not sutr what time i could get there, will have to see, but your right about one thing i always freeze me nads off up there, i go there with work alot.

do you do any track days??? or is your motard just a road toy???? anyway if so do you need one peice leathers????? and was also wondering what size sprocket you run on the rear??? i’ve got a 44 tooth on mine and it feels like i’m ranting it to within a inch of its life!!! maybe i oughta upgrade to 426/450, when i got the money!!

hope to hear from you soon.

jimer[]

jimer

cookeye
    Participant

jimer
    pop over to vd and ask for help with your gearing from a poster called yzf as he runs a bike like yours.
    I have done a few track days now and have always worn one part leathers but i think you can use two peice if you want.
    I will be at snetterton watching and helping anyone that needs a pair of hands or a tyre change[my job]so a warm coat and a good flask i think.
    cookeye
    []yz31.jpg

jimer
    Participant

Cheers mate, Will ask yzf what he thinks. do you work in the tyre business? I work for Avon tyres in the racing division, thats why i am at snet alot doing car test formula ford/formula3 and some other things, we do tyres for the wire yamaha team, thats what got me into SM in the first place. all good!!!!![]

jimer

cookeye
    Participant

Yes jimer i have been into tyres for 22 years now but car stuff not much bike,i have been with ats all those years, we have sold avons every so often, i think we had a bit of a thing going with them at some point.
    we did sell shed loads of the early azaro bike tyres.At the mo we have lots of euromasters in stock say no more.
    still thinking of shoe horning a pro thingy wet looking avon into me bike i take it you have tryed one in yours? if so did you have to shave much from the edge!
    cookeye
    []avon.jpg

Anonymous
    Inactive

Biiiiig rubber! What width is that tyre Cookeye?

cookeye
    Participant

Beefstew
    The tyre is a Avon AZARO AV36 190 but they do look huge on a rim, the picture comes from google images search, it was fitted to a huyabusa
    cookeye
    []

jimer
    Participant

I’ve got a set of pro extreme wets on me bike now, they are very good, i did have to shave a vit off the tyre got a stanley knife and took some off then let the chain do the rest, but when i get another i will use a too at work to shave enough off.
    [^]

jimer

tosh
    Participant

I can’t imagine taking a stanley knife to a new tyre m8. And letting the chain do the rest makes me shiver to think about it.

Just because I don’t care doesn’t mean I’m not listening – Homer Simpson

cookeye
    Participant

Tosh we dont have to worry about it for long as they only last about 700 miles on the road[:0]{wild boys toys}[][]
    cookeye
    []

tosh
    Participant

My tyres are just run in at 700m!

Just because I don’t care doesn’t mean I’m not listening – Homer Simpson

jimer
    Participant

Hi Cookeye.

Did you go to snett???? after alot of umming and ahhhing i went, was a good day out but bloody cold as i thought, would have liked to have met but as i don’t know what you look like and vice verser this is a problem. was hanging out in the Yamaha garage as one of my work mates was there, doing the tyres. did you end up helping out much?????

jimer

cookeye
    Participant

Jimer
    yes i did go and yes it did get cold after 2.30 ish,i did not get dirty atall wich was good,my wife and our youngest son came to do the market in the morning then came in to watch the finals after diner,shame you did not tell me on sat as we could of met and had a coffe together,

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 18 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.