Have sold my Car, so now what…..

Home Forums BikeMeet Cafe Have sold my Car, so now what…..

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 18 total)
  • Author
    HippoDrones
    Participant

The guy who bought my car has arranged for it to be collected tomorrow so that is a relief for me as I can now once I find all my details cancel my insurance etc.

Now once I am fixed I’m gonna be lookin into getting a second bike as the milage to and from work is killing me Speedtriple and my wallet!

Am deffinately going to get a GSX-R 750 I believe now, just need to work out which to go for?

I like the k4/5 but its no way near as ideal for me as a k6/7

My trouble is at the moment I only have enough for a k4 so do I look out for one of them and snap up a bargain even tho I’m not able to even swing a leg over a bike yet, or do I wait, am kinda managing to save some money while I’m off work so if I wait long enough I may end up with enough for a k6. The k5 and k7 don’t interest me, they are just more expensive and no different than their predecessors.

Am not one for waiting, especially if I see a bargain but I can actually sit on a k6 and have both feet flat on the ground which I’ve not been able to do since my vfr400 and it makes reversing it into parking slots so much easier, tis a bit lighter than the k4/5 too so should be even more nifty in the corners…. Hmmm am answering my own question here arn’t I! lol

What would you do:

buy a k4 bike now if one comes up at a good price?
    wait until I’m fitter and poss have more wonga and get a k4?
    wait until the k6 comes down in price and get a scruffy one?

imperialdata
    Keymaster

Depends on how fit you feel mate. Playing the waiting game may not help because the cheap k6 may never come up.
    I didn’t think there was that much difference in the seat height from k4 to k6. Do you find being on tippytoes that much of a problem? I thought they only had 2 throttle positions anyway (full on or parked).

HippoDrones
    Participant

When I’m riding it makes absolutely no diff whatsoever about ride height but when parked or reversing its nice not to be on tippy-toes. The seat height itself isn’t all that keeps ya feet off the deck, its the width too! The k6 is a very skinny bike and is also the lowest of the 600’s (yeh am after a 750 but they are the same appart from the power phyicaly. Yeh a k6 might not come up but then the k4’s will also be a bit older so will be cheaper again.

I know it seems again like I’m answering my own Q but just wondered if anyone see’s a different pov or options!

HippoDrones
    Participant

Not being able to test ride at the moment does play on my mind a bit but I trust the friends I ride with to pick up any flaws in the riding, but ideally I’d need to be fit enough to get on it and try it myself!

Gix
    Participant

I dont think you will be disappointed whichever year you go for whether you get to test ride or not []

HippoDrones
    Participant

I know you are right and a k4 will be cheeper to insure too, you see so many dilemas!

imperialdata
    Keymaster

Put the money you save towards a pair of 70’s high heeled glam rock boots. Everyone’s a winner (especially the people watching you park the bike).

HippoDrones
    Participant

lol

I have to get off me Trumpet to reverse it, its almost embarrassing but not as embarrassing as falling off it in a car park so will stick to getting off it, just thought it would be nice to have a bike that fitted me so well!

Am thinking again bout waiting coz I don’t even know if I’m gonna be able to ride a sports bike considering I’m nursing a fractured spine, the pelvis will heal but once you’ve got a bad back you always have a bad back!

Radar

Glad the ZS has moved and that your recovery is going well, but you must have taken a big knock on the head…a SUZUKI!!??? LOL

HippoDrones
    Participant

Well it was a yam that knocked me on the head, so they must be mean! (and also dont do a 750 so also stupid;)) lol

Radar

quote:

Originally posted by Pete247

Well it was a yam that knocked me on the head, so they must be mean! (and also dont do a 750 so also stupid;)) lol

What about the YZF750

YZF750.gif

One of the most under rated bikes of the 1990’s and still immensely capable

HippoDrones
    Participant

[bike snobbery mode]too old now[/bike snobbery mode] lol

Radar

YZF750 loadsa fun for £1500!

Thumper
    Participant

Hi Pete, glad you seem to be back on the mend again now.
    I just wondered about the Suzuki choice….isn’t there another Triumph you would like to have as a second bike?
    What about a complet change like a scrambler, or a maybe 675?
    https://cgi.ebay.co.uk/triumph-daytona-675_W0QQitemZ290121468596QQihZ019QQcategoryZ36093QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

HippoDrones
    Participant

the scrambler does absolutely nothing for me, but if i struggle with a thorerbred sports bike for a 2nd toy then the 675 Street-triple is deff a possibility, I like the Suzi coz of the seat height so the 675 is a bit tall tbh, but if I cant ride a hunched over the bars sports bike its wide barred double could be a possibility, trouble is I kinda want an inline4 so i can scream the tits off it!

Think a k4 GSX-R750 will cover all bases tho and if I find I cant ride all hunched up will maybe find a k4 thats a bit wonky and do a streetfighter, if I could a k6 would be even better tho coz that would be the 1st k6/7 streetfighter I’d have seen done which would be kinda cool.

I deffo want a 2nd bike to handle better and be lighter than the S3 1050 as its good but not quite as good as the latest sports bikes.

(its to be as well as me 1050, not instead of btw!)

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 18 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.