Guys owning the aircooled RD’s or the Elsie’s

Home Forums BikeMeet Cafe Guys owning the aircooled RD’s or the Elsie’s

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    rajnish
    Participant

Hi,curious to know this,plz post up what do you have [:)]

1987 Yamaha RD 350B
    In first gear whack the throttle.

hammy

I have a RD250LC which I am storing at a friends house. It is black and red. Needs a lot of work but I only paid £200 for it. I will have a go at repairs in the summer. Know what you mean about whacking the throttle, they are great fun the rd’s.

rajnish
    Participant

LOL good to see tht ppl share this view even today when there r so many big multi’s avbl.a friend of mine has a air cooled 250 with front and rear disc,he has thrown in the 350 barrels on it.bike makes power like hell now,pulls like anything.
    We got the aircooled ones,similar to the US spec 1973 model.very tempramental throttle,hoists the front in first anytime.pulls like anything after 5k rpm.

1987 Yamaha RD 350B

Radar

In 1984 I had a 1980 RD250LC, one the first ones made. Really good fun, big kick at 6,000rpm all over by 9,000rpm. Good for about 105mph and could kick up with most 550cc bikes.
    In 1985 I had a virtually new RD350YPVS in red, white and blue. Fantastic bike.
    In 1987 it was the turned of an RD250E aircooled. Didn’t have it very long, but it went well. They sold a 400cc version in the UK that flew and popped great wheelies.
    Finally in 1989 I had a brand new RD350F2 YPVS. This had a full fairing , but wasn’t as exciting to ride as the 1985 model.

Now I own a 600cc four stroke bike, but want another screaming 2 stroke! Maybe a RD500LC this time!

imperialdata
    Keymaster

Now that’s a screaming 2-stroke! Bagsy first go.

rajnish
    Participant

a LC 500 will be awsome,i’ve seen on the net what the tuners in UK and US do to the RD’s.turn them into superbike eaters.hope tht i’ll own one of these jets too.radar seems to be a real 2 stroke addict.

1987 Yamaha RD 350B

imperialdata
    Keymaster

You can’t fail to love these 2-strokes when you ride them as the power delivery is so different to other bikes. It makes you ride them differently, and that’s where the involvement (and hence the pleasure of riding) comes in. Bikes that are predictable yet perform better are not always better rides, I think.

And you’re right about Radar, he loves them strokers!

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.