GSXR1000 K7 Suspension Settings

Home Forums Jap stuff GSXR1000 K7 Suspension Settings

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    TT07
    Participant

Further to my post:
    https://bikemeet.net/forums/topic/gsxr1000-k7-isle-of-man-tt-buying-and-riding/
    The following is what The Relentless By TAS Team recommend for a SPORTIER feel for the K7. I have applied them to my bike and have found the bike more manageable.

GSX-R1000 TT BIKE SETTINGS

To give you a closer feel to the bike that the TAS Suzuki team will contest at the 2007 Isle of Man TT Races, we have pleasure in enclosing some suggested suspension settings from the team engineers.

These settings are intended as suggested alternatives for those looking for a sportier feel and are not intended as a general replacement for the standard road settings from new.

Always remember that suspension is affected by rider weight and riding style.
    These settings are based on an average weight rider.

FRONT FORKS:

Low Speed Compression [Lower small silver adjuster] = 7 clicks out [Anti clockwise]
    High Speed Compression [Lower 14mm Blue adjuster] = 2 turns out
    Rebound- Top small silver adjuster = 4 Clicks out
    Preload- Top 14mm Blue adjuster = 5 Full turns ON [Screw fully out and apply 5 full turns clockwise to add preload]
    Fork Sag = 21 mm [Amount of free play movement]
    Fork Height = 9 mm [Amount of fork tube showing above top clamp]

FORK SUMMARY:

What we are looking to achieve is to have the fork feeling supported and firm under breaking without adding too much preload which may make the bike feel high in the front and can affect how the bike turns into corners. The compression and rebound can be adjusted by TWO clicks either way depending on the weight of the rider.

Option

If you want the bike to turn more sharply into corners- take TWO turns of preload off [Top 14 mm Adjuster] and compensate by adding TWO clicks of L/S Compression [Bottom small silver adjuster]

REAR SHOCK:

Low Speed Compression = 16 Clicks out Anti Clockwise [Top Silver screw adjuster]
    High Speed Compression = 4 Turns out [Top Blue adjuster]
    Rebound = 12 Clicks out [Bottom Silver screw adjuster]
    Preload = [Amount of tension on the rear spring, added by turning the spring locknuts clockwise]
    Static Sag = 6 mm

Option 1

If you want the bike to turn more sharply onto corners add TWO complete clockwise of the spring lock nuts this will raise the rear end slightly, reducing sag and will have the affect of improving initial turn into corners.
    THIS WILL ALSO MAKE THE REAR SHOCK ACTION FEEL HARDER.

Option 2

If you want to increase the straight line stability of the bike over fast bumpy sections and during heavy breaking, remove TWO complete turns of the spring lock nuts- anti clockwise. This will increase the amount of static sag and lower the rear of the bike and will deliver the desired affect. THIS WILL MAKE THE REAR SHOCK ACTION FEEL SOFTER.

SHOULD YOU DECIDE TO MAKE THE ABOVE ADJUSTMENTS :

Don’t forget to make a note of the original settings!

IF YOU HAVE ALREADY CHANGED YOUR OWN SETTINGS AND WANT TO GO BACK TO THE ORIGINAL STARTING SETTINGS TO START ALL OVER AGAIN :

Send me an email and I will tell you what the factory settings are.

Radar

Cheers TT07, I have sent this link to Gix who is a member of Gixxer junkies too. Might be worth dropping her a PM to excahnge Gixxer thou stories and experience. Hers is a K2

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.