Great bit of nostalgia

Home Forums BikeMeet Cafe Great bit of nostalgia

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    Radar

Hellsbells
    Participant

Fantastic video brought back lots of memories,  I can smell the 2-stroke now Castrol r love it and at the end my favourite the CBX thanks for sharing )

Radar

Fantastic video brought back lots of memories,  I can smell the 2-stroke now Castrol r love it and at the end my favourite the CBX thanks for sharing )

No problem, glad you enjoyed it. I got to ride a CBX back in 1984…lovely beast of a bike.

How is the 400/4 coming on?

Hellsbells
    Participant

Hi Radar, I would love a CBX, i never hold it up though lol, would have to have a chauffer :P

My 400/4, the story continues:

Well the electronic ignition has been fitted and doesn’t it make a difference so really pleased I went with that, but there has still been a few running issues.

Last Saturday I had half a day off work and went up to see Jaimo with my new Float Valve needles. He took the carbs off the bike and together we put in the new valves, yes I actually got my hands dirty lol, I really enjoyed it and now know how the carbs work. On removing the old float valves they were full of crap, one being totally blocked, with paint and rust out of the tank.

I brought the tank home and I managed to clean out the tank and took it back on Tuesday night. I did it with petrol and nuts and bolts in the tank and swilled it out 5 times.The tank was put back on the bike and after letting the petrol settle, we started her up, first time the choke has worked properly, she sounded lovely firing on all four cylinders. The only problem was No 2 carb was leaking a bit of petrol from the overflow pipe again. Jaimo is waiting for a good dry day to take her out and see how she goes, so hopefully she will be ok to come home soon.

I’m really enjoying getting hands on with my bike, need to invest in a boiler suit now lol.

Radar

Hi Radar, I would love a CBX, i never hold it up though lol, would have to have a chauffer :P

My 400/4, the story continues:

Well the electronic ignition has been fitted and doesn’t it make a difference so really pleased I went with that, but there has still been a few running issues.

Last Saturday I had half a day off work and went up to see Jaimo with my new Float Valve needles. He took the carbs off the bike and together we put in the new valves, yes I actually got my hands dirty lol, I really enjoyed it and now know how the carbs work. On removing the old float valves they were full of crap, one being totally blocked, with paint and rust out of the tank.

I brought the tank home and I managed to clean out the tank and took it back on Tuesday night. I did it with petrol and nuts and bolts in the tank and swilled it out 5 times.The tank was put back on the bike and after letting the petrol settle, we started her up, first time the choke has worked properly, she sounded lovely firing on all four cylinders. The only problem was No 2 carb was leaking a bit of petrol from the overflow pipe again. Jaimo is waiting for a good dry day to take her out and see how she goes, so hopefully she will be ok to come home soon.

I’m really enjoying getting hands on with my bike, need to invest in a boiler suit now lol.

Glad to see you are making progress, even if there are a few snags here and there to sort out! Look forward to seeing the bike when the spring/summer gets started.

A bit bloody cold for me at the moment!

r6ymy
    Participant

Nice nostalgia trip, I had plastic models of the 750-4, H1, Z1 as a kid, but was old enough to ride bikes in the later 70’s.
    By then for me the only superbikes I wanted came from Italy – why doesn’t this film mention any of them. 900SS, Jota, Mk1 LeMans, those were the bikes I dreamt of.

Radar

Nice nostalgia trip, I had plastic models of the 750-4, H1, Z1 as a kid, but was old enough to ride bikes in the later 70’s.
    By then for me the only superbikes I wanted came from Italy – why doesn’t this film mention any of them. 900SS, Jota, Mk1 LeMans, those were the bikes I dreamt of.

Interesting point. I have always liked Italian bikes, but didn’t own one until 2013 when I bought my Duke

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.