GL1100 Goldwing

Home Forums Common parts list GL1100 Goldwing

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    ac mitchell
    Participant

It would be good if there was a list of parts that are common on certain makes of bike ie i know that the rocker covers from a GL1000 will fit the GL1100 goldwing,in the eighties my 1100 ones were damaged ,the gasket part numbers were the same,so i went to the breakers and got two covers for £10 each they went straight on i removed the 1000 badges then polished them up,perfect if i had bought 1100 ones new they would have cost megabucks,there must be lots of parts that are common to most bikes.So if everyone posted what they knew fitted what that would give us more scope,that in turn would save us loadsamunee.
    Tony

acm

acm

ac mitchell
    Participant

About three months ago a neighbour with a 1994 RF900 suzuki asked if i would look at his front discs as he spun the wheel,we found the disc to be warped,before phoning the breaker we went on the net to find out how much they would cost new. we got onto the EBC website and found that the 1200 bandit discs and the RF900 both have the same part number depending on model year/letter,so we knew if a breaker didnt have the RF900 but had the right bandit,and visa versa, bingo we would have a result,sorry to say the breaker nearest to us had neither,so my neighbour ordered them new from EBC,but that proves another common part source, ride safe
    Tony

acm

SneakyPete
    Participant

I know that 1000 ‘Wing heads will fit 1100 motors with added compresion/valve size increase.

Most running gear from the bigger CB series – 750/900 etc. will bolt straight on.

All big Hondas from same years share electrics – solenoids, relays, ignition amps etc.

Anybody know where i can get a (small) blower to supercharge my “Wing?

Matt Black and no other

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.