Forum name change

Home Forums BikeMeet Cafe Forum name change

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Author
    imperialdata
    Keymaster

Thinking about changing the name of the site to get it more bike related. Any suggestions? A .com and .co.uk name has to be available for registration.

GSX Rat
    Participant

bit obvious really, but should pull the punters in – both available according to register.com (dot co dot uk and dot com)

wait for it…

thebikeforum

I slept with faith and found a corpse in my arms on awakening; I drank and danced all night with doubt and found her a virgin in the morning.
    Aleister Crowley (1875 – 1947)

Blackboard paint – Covers a multitude of sins!

Gix
    Participant

I don’t know about these sort of things so excuse if it seems like a dumb question;
    Will it mean the address will change? What I mean is, when I come to the forum, I dont type the address in the address bar, I have a desktop icon and hey presto I am here. Will I have to create a new shortcut or just change the name of the present one?

Rebel with a cause!

The roads are my race track!!

LOVE IS GIVING SOMEONE THE POWER TO DESTROY YOU, BUT TRUSTING THEM NOT TO DO IT.

Radar

quote:

Originally posted by imperialdata

Thinking about changing the name of the site to get it more bike related. Any suggestions? A .com and .co.uk name has to be available for registration.

bikersforum99

bikerworld

Donate – it makes you feel good!

Gix
    Participant

I like bikersforum99, it keeps the forum99 bit![]

Rebel with a cause!

LOVE IS GIVING SOMEONE THE POWER TO DESTROY YOU, BUT TRUSTING THEM NOT TO DO IT.

imperialdata
    Keymaster

@Gixerchic: Well the address would change but I would keep the link so users searching for Forum99 would get redirected to the new site. Your desktop icon properties would therefore remain the same.

@Radar: Bikerworld exists!

Gix
    Participant

When is this change gonna take place? And what on earth has happened to hooly’s post? All I can see is a dot!

Rebel with a cause!

imperialdata
    Keymaster

PM’d Hooly to say that it was a great suggestion and I would register it as soon as poss. I cut his post so nobody else would pinch it. Basically it is ours in 48 hours, change will take place (seamlessly) when I get some time to do a few logos and page redesigning!

PS Gixerchic.com is available if you’re up for an ego trip.

Gix
    Participant

HE HE HE HE HE. Wouldn’t know what on earth to do with it or where to start!

Rebel with a cause!

Gix
    Participant

Will all the posts and all our usernames, details etc stay intact ID?

Rebel with a cause!

imperialdata
    Keymaster

Yes, just a bit of branding and an attempt to get higher in the search engine ranks. Just treat it as an ongoing redesign!

Any input, pictures, logos etc will all be welcome.

imperialdata
    Keymaster

TheBikeForum.com

and

TheBikeForum.co.uk

it is then. Thanks again Hooly, sometimes I can be accused of looking too deep…..

No need to change anything anyone, it’ll take me a while to put something together!

XV16
    Participant

Cheers Mate
    Just had some plates made with Forum99

Soon have em changed though.

Regards XV

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.