Forum Meet at YOUR Garage for the 550 ‘Speed Build’ 19/03/2017

Home Forums Meetings and events Forum Meet at YOUR Garage for the 550 ‘Speed Build’ 19/03/2017

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Author
    Radar

It was great to see the forum and friends turn out in force to support the Speed Build last Sunday. It was great to see Pete for the first time in way too many years as he rocked up from Crawley on his crippling but drop dead gorgeous Ducati Super Sport. It was also great to finally meet Neville (R6ymy) and his lad who come along to watch the build. His Moto Guzzi V7 Racer is stunning and his son's Honda CBR600 was super clean too. Representing BMW we had Matt (Ses310), Stu (head forum lurker) and Andy (Thumper), although the latter had disguised his trusty twin as a Land Rover for the occasion. Forum stalwart Karl (Katana) dusted of his absolutely beautiful RSV for the day. It was the first time I had seen it and looked awesome. Please can I have a go. Steve (Eliisemo) our bike test guru was there flying the Union jack on his fur lined Triumph Explorer and finally we had Nick (from JLR) on his Harley. I was totally shocked when my oldest mate from Gloucester also arrived, his Yamaha Dragster heavily disguised as a Peugeot!  Rob (Speedy) meantime transformed his GSXR600 into a Mondeo for the day and brought his entire family along! The best gathering of forum folks in sometime  and it was really great to see everybody. I got pictures of some of you and your bikes, but not all, sorry. I hope you all enjoyed yourselves and here are some pictures of the day other than the build, which you can read about here…https://bikemeet.net/forums/topic/creating-a-custom-in-just-four-hours-we-did-and-it-looks-incredible/

26073313797_0ef8442778_b.jpg
    Beautifully simple and very stylish

39136275770_9ea8ba2fa6_b.jpg
    My old mate Mike. He, alongside my apprentice mates Andy and Dave (aka Thumper and the Great Leader himself Imperial Data) got me into biking in the first place. Once of first biking memories is him rocking up onto to my parents drive on a brand new Suzuki GT380 in 1973!

40051729715_42a8664ac4_z.jpg
    A weird, but inspired combination of a twist and go moped and a Nash Metropolitan…amazing

40945781801_98fcf2989c.jpg
    It even had a bespoke pipe holder! Obviously!!

40945782911_54786ef6fb_z.jpg
    I have to say these old scooters are growing on me..

39136279100_86edb084f6_b.jpg
    This Zephyr 1100 was being kept well away from the angle grinders!

39136280780_e01a5fec3c_b.jpg
    Pete (with more than a hint of Mad Max going on), Matt and Stu.

26073315217_b5b80efc2d_z.jpg
    Finally got to see Pete's rather lovely Duke. I know it cripples him, but sometimes you have to suffer for your art! You might find this helpful…https://chiropractic-uk.co.uk/

26073319747_1da9a70ff4_b.jpg
    I didn't get a picture of Nev at all, but I did get a shot of his bellisemo V7 Racer tucked up next to his lad's CBR

40904190372_b1c422b82e_b.jpg
    No picture of Karl, but this is much better looking in any case!

27074981988_0f56f44411_b.jpg
    Ray from the Thundercat forum also popped in to say hello

27074980258_fd7c3a03f8_b.jpg
    Speedy and family enjoy Ben of Bearknuckle demonstrating his exceptional skills and talents with the airbrush

40237709034_a6e122c22b_b.jpg
    The venue, cool place with a stonking diner above

40904193742_890bf0ee6f_b.jpg
    This is what all the fuss was about, my converted 550 Kawasaki

Read more about the build here…https://bikemeet.net/forums/topic/creating-a-custom-in-just-four-hours-we-did-and-it-looks-incredible/

and here…try and spot yourselves

Thanks to all for coming, it was brilliant to have your support

HippoDrones
    Participant

It really was lovely to see you all, am hoping it won’t be 5 yrs till the next time! :)

Radar

It really was lovely to see you all, am hoping it won’t be 5 yrs till the next time! :)

Me too Pete, we have cafes to race to!

HippoDrones
    Participant

absobloodylutely! :D

r6ymy
    Participant

Was a good day out, nice to meet a few of the forum regulars. Hopefully meet up at a couple of events through the summer.

Radar

Was a good day out, nice to meet a few of the forum regulars. Hopefully meet up at a couple of events through the summer.

It was great to finally put a face to a name. Hope to catch you at one of the Wednesday bike nights!

HippoDrones
    Participant

So 1 year on, how you getting on with the bike mate? :-)

Radar

So 1 year on, how you getting on with the bike mate? :-)

I have really loved the whole experience, planning out the build and the theme, then actually making it happen, the feature in 100% Biker, showing it at ‘The Happening’. I have not ridden it as much as I thought I would to be honest, but really enjoyed myself when I have. The summer was iffy and the winter has been so long. It is in a bike shop at the moment for the MOT and I having a couple of bits and bobs done. Pre existing problems and nowt to do with the build. New fuel tap and new ignition switch. All been well should be back on the road as soon as this weekend. We need to get to the Ace cafe on our bikes for a cuppa, catch up and some good pictures!

25827975507_6105483fb0_b.jpg
    Here it is with my standard ‘before-shot’ example

How you getting on with the Guzzi? The shop where I am having the MOT done have just started to sell Guzzis and were very interested in your bike and what you have done to it when I mentioned it to them

Oh and thanks for reviving the thread, I will have to fix the picture links nwo! good old Photobucket…b@st@rds!!

HippoDrones
    Participant

The V7 is still a delight to ride, it is heavier and slower and slower to turn than the KTM 390 obviously, but once it is warmed up and I am dialled into it, it is a bloody lovely ride and hustles along far better than folk expect it to. I’m actually going off the paint job, but also still think it looks fine. I love finding an excuse to ride it.
    Yes mate, we will have to sort a custom meet up at a location suitable for the event! :-) well up for that! :-)

Radar

The V7 is still a delight to ride, it is heavier and slower and slower to turn than the KTM 390 obviously, but once it is warmed up and I am dialled into it, it is a bloody lovely ride and hustles along far better than folk expect it to. I’m actually going off the paint job, but also still think it looks fine. I love finding an excuse to ride it.
    Yes mate, we will have to sort a custom meet up at a location suitable for the event! :-) well up for that! :-)

I will have come with a list of available weekends and hope this bloody decides to give it a rest soon! Surprised you are going off the paint on the Guzzi…looks stunning!

HippoDrones
    Participant

I love how it looks, but I saw a pic of it modified but still in the matt black and I was like… “that looks alright that does” and then I realised I’d dropped £1k just to make it shiny lol :D

Radar

I love how it looks, but I saw a pic of it modified but still in the matt black and I was like… “that looks alright that does” and then I realised I’d dropped £1k just to make it shiny lol :D

Can you get another tank and swap from look to look as the mood takes you?

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Moto-Guzzi-V7-Original-Accessories-Fuel-Tank/232651734364?epid=627454206&hash=item362b1fbd5c:g:5LAAAOSw8RZacxEd

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.