Fleece em young!!

Home Forums Pure Petrolhead Speed cameras Fleece em young!!

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    XV16
    Participant

YOUNG motorists are getting caught by speed cameras – and loving every minute of it.

They’ve all been caught by the “Safety Cam-Car” devised by one-time convicted speeder Ashley Heron.

C_17_Articles_139183_BodyWeb_Detail_0_Image.jpg

And the fun car at Bury’s Millgate Shopping Centre is leaving other rides, like Noddy and Postman Pat, far behind in the popularity stakes.

Parents, who have to fork out £1.50 for each one minute ride, may not be quite so enthusiastic.

40 rides equals a real ticket, but without the points.. There’s hope for me yet..

The Safety Cam-Car costs £3,995 to make – but Mr Heron thinks it is a small price for teaching the next generation of motorists something about road safety.

Youngsters enjoy the ride in the cute little car – but at the end there is a flash and they are presented with a “caught speeding” photograph with a random speed printed on it.

The speed recorded is always over the limit.

Mr Heron is managing director of Derbyshire-based firm Fun2Learn, which manufactures numerous rides.

He says he was inspired to create the ride after being caught speeding himself.

“I lost my licence through being caught speeding. I travel a lot, like many other people, and it happens,” he said.

“The ride is a good way of warning kids about speeding and safety cameras. There is nothing like catching them young if you want to get the message across.”

Mmmmmm. What can one say!!

Best Regards
    Stuart XV16

Please note that some of the comments and articles posted may not represent my views or the views of FORUM99 and its moderators.

“The normally careful and competent actions of a reasonable individual should be considered legal.”

Lex
    Participant

quote:

Originally posted by XV16

YOUNG motorists are getting caught by speed cameras – and loving every minute of it.

Can’t wait to see a six year old take a chain saw to one!!
    Do Fisher Price make detectors?

Gix
    Participant

Yeah but the government is trying to ban ’em………..frlol.gif

The roads are my race track!!

LOVE IS GIVING SOMEONE THE POWER TO DESTROY YOU, BUT TRUSTING THEM NOT TO DO IT.

GO ON! DONATE! YOU KNOW YA WANNA!

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.