Fladbury Bike Night….Piccies!

Home Forums Meetings and events Fladbury Bike Night….Piccies!

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Radar

I finally managed to get to an evening bike meet! After missing on the local bike meets over the last couple of years I am so pleased to have got to one at last. Mind you on the ride to work yesterday I wasn’t so pleased I was on the bike…it was pouring down and guess which bright spark had forgotten his waterproofs? Yep…me! Its really great fun spending 20 minutes locked in the disabled bog in the office trying to blow dry my sodden shirt under the luke warm hand driers!

However the ride over to Fladbury after work was excellent as my old mucker Stu joined me on his GS1200. He knows the local twisties in Oxfordshire/Worcestershire well I had great fun on the Thundercat tucked in behind him. Our somewhat convoluted route even took us past an ex RAF Vulcan bomber at Wellsbourne.

We were amongst the first to get to The Anchor pub for the meeting. It is situated slap bang in the middle of a beautiful, sleepy Worcestershire village. Not so sleepy tonight it has to said! Bike after bike rolled in. All shapes, sizes and types…sports bikes like the mighty H2R Kawasaki, classics from Velocette to RD500s and loads of chops, trikes and specials….a superb impromptu bike show in fact. The bikes soon spread out into local streets and even the next pub down…quite a sight.

Ellismo rolled up to join us on his recently acquired Triumph Tiger Explorer, followed shortly by Katana on his gleaming Fireblade. We had a good old natter and look around the bikes as two charming ladies collected for the Air Ambulance fund. There was also a bar-be-cue flogging lovely chilli burgers and curry.

So all in all a superb night in good company and great to see many bikers in such a lovely setting and loads of cash being generated for a great cause…can’t be bad!

Anyway a few pics

DSC_2495R_zpsegbm0kza.jpg
    The big E rocks up on the big T!   

DSC_2499R_zpsng5ujvkr.jpg
    Beautifully modified RD350 YPVS, very trick and well engineered

DSC_2508R_zpsr7qpgzgv.jpg
    No threat to the skin of rice puddings, the Honda CB250N Superdream

DSC_2519R_zps51gby5st.jpg
    Not my thing, but impressive all the same

DSC_2520R_zps1qgrlbgr.jpg
    The beast provided a stark contrast to mine and Stu’s largely stock bikes

DSC_2523R_zpstdzblefc.jpg
    One is never enough

DSC_2524R_zpsllizt5ib.jpg
    RD500…I would still love to own one of these…this example was pretty much stock and in great nick without being over restored   

DSC_2530R_zpspuzrjms4.jpg
    These two chops were pretty radical

DSC_2551R_zpsjfszwmzo.jpg
    Stunning GT550

DSC_2558R_zps9bgi7eyw.jpg
    The trusty CX500, I used to dispatch ride on these…they did not shine like this one though!

DSC_2559R_zpsuzlfqlgu.jpg
    Six appeal…there was at least one other CBX there and a Z1300 too

DSC_2572R_zpsglwkzdme.jpg
    It wouldn’t be a bike meet without a GT750   

DSC_2588R_zps2umuiiv9.jpg
    and a trike…

DSC_2581R_zps1yycwelt.jpg
    The local boy band…Partners in Crime….

DSC_2611R_zpscd4wku2p.jpg
    Bikes everywhere!

DSC_2627R_zpss7unbprt.jpg
    Me want…

DSC_2649R_zpsuwsbpxzw.jpg
    Suzuki X4…new one on me   

DSC_2655R_zpsemmbuhdp.jpg
    NSU, I really liked this..bike of the night for me in a weird way

DSC_2664R_zpsyy4fodqx.jpg
    I think the big E was really tempted by this Suzzy

elessimo
    Participant

Good report, Radar: caught the atmosphere well…. Congratulations on making it down south for a Bikernite at last.

If that Suzi had been the DR350 I would have been even more interested!

Strangely, I think those DR650s are used on that Ecuador route that I keep harping on about. Though not with such a fancy paint job… 

Radar

Good report, Radar: caught the atmosphere well…. Congratulations on making it down south for a Bikernite at last.

If that Suzi had been the DR350 I would have been even more interested!

Strangely, I think those DR650s are used on that Ecuador route that I keep harping on about. Though not with such a fancy paint job… 

God knows how I am going to get enough brownie points to pull off Ecuador! It was a cracking night, such a diverse range of bikes

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.