First off-roader

Home Forums Supermoto and off-road First off-roader

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Author
    imperialdata
    Keymaster

I’ll admit my first off-road bike was a Suzuki GT185, used in a local quarry. Taught me a lot about:

How to fall off.
    How a road bike doesn’t have bouncy suspension.
    How it hurts when you fall off.
    How police hate people enjoying a bit of waste-land fun.
    How falling off and getting squashed by the bike you just fell off hurts even more.

Would be an anticlimax now to try it with a pukka off-roader. Who am I kidding, it would be a blast!

Anonymous
    Inactive

My first try off road was on an XT500 and I fell off lots of times. I then bought this bike from my friend who got into Harleys. I then got into Harleys myself but kinda wish I’d kept the Yam as well.

Hit it, hit it good.

Anonymous
    Inactive

The XT500 was one of my first real off road bikes but the first one I ever rode was a Suzuki AP50. Yes it was off road too!

Radar

The first bike I rode was an off roader, a DT175MX Yamaha, when I was 16 – it was a proper off road bike, but it was illegal – no MOT or tax. That was over 20 years ago and I never ridden off rode since, must put that right soon!!

psycho
    Participant

im 16 amd ive only been riding since oct 03 im ridding a TTR 250

wheelie
    Participant

A friend’s Suzuki TS125 was my first time off road and it gave me a real buzz. Bought a bike the next day!

I’ve donated to the forum, have you?

Muppdog
    Participant

My first time off road was on a Yam DT50! What a joke! Next I tried my brother in laws Kramer 250 Moto Cross bike. Didn’t even make it down the start straight. Later on to an XT250, very solid in straight line and very light, easily outrunning big brother XT500. Then on XT550. Rear shock kept overheating which slowed you down no end

Muppdog

The lack of power cannot be replaced with madness

999blues
    Participant

Dropped a goldwing down a bumpy right of way behind some garages once. Very expensive and painful lesson. Fractured my ankle and caused lots of plastic/chrome damage to the wing.

Red CBX1000 with loud pipes!

Wild01
    Participant

Can’t beat the yz80,125,250’s. I’ve fallen of them in every way possible!!![] Still do come to think of it, but by gum it’s good fun!!![]

Wilba Wild 01

GSX Rat
    Participant

i’ve said it before, and i’ll say it again – you cant beat the cub off road for cheap fun!!!

even better now i’ve got the front knobbly on!

honda-c50-79-bikepics-237051.jpg

I slept with faith and found a corpse in my arms on awakening; I drank and danced all night with doubt and found her a virgin in the morning.
    Aleister Crowley (1875 – 1947)

Blackboard paint – Covers a multitude of sins!

Wild01
    Participant

Fook me, can you imagine catchin ya knacker on that seat mount!!!Ouch!!!

Wilba Wild 01

GSX Rat
    Participant

your joking mate, if it comes anywhere near get off time, just stand up and you clear it by a foot or so!!!

I slept with faith and found a corpse in my arms on awakening; I drank and danced all night with doubt and found her a virgin in the morning.

imperialdata
    Keymaster

As usual with Hooly’s pictures the background is very interesting[]

What’s happened to the third plug on the bench? Looks like the porcelain has blown up, probably through excessive heat generated by the off road power surge. Or is it just oil?

GSX Rat
    Participant

oil m8, sorry!

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.