Firebolt, High rev,s and goin nowhere!!!

Home Forums Members’ bikes Firebolt, High rev,s and goin nowhere!!!

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Author
    shuzbutt
    Participant

OH bo**ocks,There goes another belt!!!I love the bike,I get a buzz every time i ride it,I dont have much experience of other big bikes but as far as i,m concerned it,s good.It hold the road well it,s got stonkin brakes with plenty of feel at the lever.If 135mph is enough for you then i would recommend this bike to anyone,It could go faster but the rev limiter cuts in quite noticeably.
    The road tests said it is heavy on the wrists but at 5`8“ it is ideal for me,several people have said i look really suited to it(I hope they are being kind).
    I,m not the type of person to wheely it(cos i,m crap at them)so i would,nt say the belts are braking because i,m putting them under great strain,this is why i,m p*ssed off with them.If i had the choice again,I would go for the XB12R because it has got the upgraded belt and a bit more grunt,I also prefer the new colour schemes.

Shuzbutt,old geezer

cookeye
    Participant

shuzbutt
    are you a member of any buel owners groups,two of my freinds have buels they arte members of some type of group,i will try and get address for you,neither of them are gentle with thier toys.
    cookeye
    [;)]

shuzbutt
    Participant

quote:

Originally posted by cookeye

shuzbutt
    are you a member of any buel owners groups,two of my freinds have buels they arte members of some type of group,i will try and get address for you,neither of them are gentle with thier toys.
    cookeye
    [;)]

Cheers nipper,I would appreciate that,i,m not a member of any yet then i could meet up with some other poor suffering owners!

Shuzbutt,old geezer

Anonymous
    Inactive

Wow, I’m amazed you had these problems. Thought they were well sorted bikes. Is customer care that crap?

shuzbutt
    Participant

quote:

Originally posted by dukatty

Wow, I’m amazed you had these problems. Thought they were well sorted bikes. Is customer care that crap?

i,ve heard from other people that dockgate 20,s after sales service is crap.Personally,i think the firebolt is a much better bike than the m2 & s1, they have got most of the problems sorted but the belt is it,s big weakness

Shuzbutt,old geezer

Radar

Is there any way of converting to chain drive. I suppose the engineering involved would be extensive and pretty complex, but people do all sorts of stuff. Has anybody tried this in the States for example?
    I suppose the big difficulty would be the output from the gearbox

Radar

Another thought, can the mods done to other bikes in the range done by Buell be carried out on your bike?

shuzbutt
    Participant

quote:

Originally posted by Radar

Another thought, can the mods done to other bikes in the range done by Buell be carried out on your bike?

aparently it is possible to adapt to chain but it means a new swingarm as well and we are talking lots of money because you cant just put any one on because the oil is kept in it giving me another problem. if you put the pulley’s from the XB12R they are a different gearing,the back pulley is much bigger

Shuzbutt,old geezer

wheelie
    Participant

Dead unlucky with that one Shuzbutt. I’d be banging on their door asking for a refund. Shouldn’t be your problem to redesign their mistakes.

I’ve donated to the forum, have you?

Ange M
    Participant

quote:

Originally posted by shuzbutt

i,ve heard from other people that dockgate 20,s after sales service is crap.Personally,i think the firebolt is a much better bike than the m2 & s1, they have got most of the problems sorted but the belt is it,s big weakness

Shuzbutt,old geezer

Thought Dock gate were supposed to be the top tractor dealer in the UK [?] as voted for in MCN !![:)]

GPZ500s rider from Skegness

imperialdata
    Keymaster

I guess there will always be problems if the product is faulty, no matter how good your customer service is.

Anonymous
    Inactive

I think they should withdraw it from sale if there is a design fault.

shuzbutt
    Participant

I have actually got a reply from Harley Davidson in Milwaukee, it was only a standard card saying that they’d received my letter and they will be looking into the matter,I will let you all know the outcome.

Shuzbutt,old geezer

Anonymous
    Inactive

“Give them hell” as they say in Milwaukee

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.