Fast Tracked?

Home Forums Pure Petrolhead Speed cameras Fast Tracked?

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    XV16
    Participant

POLICE in North Yorkshire are continuing to warn speeding motorcyclists that they face being fast-tracked to court.

Thousands of bikers flooded into the Yorkshire Dales over the Bank Holiday weekend and while Assistant Chief Constable David Collins said his officers were happy to see riders coming into the county, he added: “We don’t welcome the idiot minority who ride dangerously and whose anti-social behaviour ruins the quality of life of those who live here and those who come to enjoy our countryside.”
    The force have been mounting extra Road Policing patrols and speed checks right, concentrating on rural roads with a bad history of motorcycle accidents.
    All speeders and anti-social riders and drivers will be dealt with firmly but special treatment has been arranged for those caught exceeding speed limits by more than 30mph.
    Race track
    They are being fast-tracked to court.
    The extra patrols have already netted 122 such road-users – 15 of them motorcyclists.
    Assistant Chief Constable Collins said: “North Yorkshire is not a race track for speed junkies, nor a circus ring for show-off clowns.
    “It is a place where anti-social behaviour is not acceptable.
    “The police are taking the strongest possible action in the interests of cutting a road death toll which is nothing short of horrendous.”

Best Regards
    Stuart XV16

Please note that some of the comments and articles posted may not represent my views or the views of FORUM99 and its moderators.

HELP KEEP THIS FORUM ALIVE! PLEASE DONATE.

GSX Rat
    Participant

Nice to read that only 15 of them were motorcyclists – does that mean that the rest were – shock! horror! the car drivers that are always winging about speeding motorcyclists?

GSX750 Ratfighter / GSX600F / Beamish250 / Honda70 Rat

Blackboard paint – Covers a multitude of sins!

XV16
    Participant

It certainly seems that way.
    The campaign was obviously set up to target bikers, and to only have an 8% result must be embarrassing. With results like this it won’t make the headlines for much longer.
    []

Best Regards
    Stuart XV16

Please note that some of the comments and articles posted may not represent my views or the views of FORUM99 and its moderators.

XV16
    Participant

I posted this on the 30th of March in the Cafe99 section…

We can’t allow this to happen! This would be the first step on the ladder and other police authorities would be watching with very close eyes. Where does it all stop? Who do they think they are? Why just bikers? They announce figures stating the amount of speeders and accidents on the roads but yet we are merely a small percentage of these figures. A mere percentage which will be escalated and used later in more statistics to justify their cause.

Please, I don’t want to drone on but if you see any articles regarding this or similar items please let me know.

Police in move to seize bikers’ machines
    confiscating motorcycles could be very effective
    Law-breaking motorcyclists could have their machines confiscated as police officers gear up for the biggest season of road safety work yet seen in North Yorkshire.
    Chief Constable Della Cannings warned that bikers who break the speed limit and illegally customise their vehicles they face an unprecedented campaign of highway law enforcement this summer.
    She said officers would consider taking machines away from persistent nuisance bikers, and that three new mobile video cameras would make roadside speed checks faster, safer and more efficient.
    Police chiefs are acting after 28 motorcyclists died on North Yorkshire roads last year, the highest number recorded.
    North Yorkshire Police Authority yesterday released £10,000 to pay for video recorders which, working with laser speed guns, could be on the streets within weeks.
    Authority member David Lloyd-Williams said residents in the popular biking area of Helmsley and Bilsdale were already reporting rising numbers of weekend bikers.
    He said: “Confiscating motorcycles could be very effective because people want to show off on bikes.”
    Assistant Chief Constable David Collins said: “The whole issue of safer roads is part of our priority to reduce serious injury and fatal road traffic accidents.
    “That is going to be achieved this year through a combination of enforcement and education.
    “This kit (video recorders) is the best on the market and what our professionals prefer to use. I think it will have a big impact.”
    After the meeting, Debbie Molyneux, of York Motorcycle Action Group, said speed cameras had a role, but they could be seen as revenue generators rather than a safety tool.
    Motorcyclists were often perceived to be riding fast because of their brightly-coloured machines and high engine note, when they were riding within the law and their ability.
    Police authority member Mike Doyle, an experienced motorcyclist, said bikers should not be demonised and that many bikers would benefit from daily riding, rather than just weekend trips.
    He said: “Life’s not so easy for those who use their bikes for daily transport rather than hurtling up the A65 for a spin on a Sunday.”

It just goes to show….8%… I wonder if they call that justifying their funds. Now if the headlines were to read “92%” maybe it could be looked upon on with a different light

Best Regards
    Stuart XV16

GSX Rat
    Participant

“Police in move to seize bikers’ machines
    confiscating motorcycles could be very effective
    Law-breaking motorcyclists could have their machines confiscated as police officers gear up for the biggest season of road safety work yet seen in North Yorkshire.
    Chief Constable Della Cannings warned that bikers who break the speed limit and illegally customise their vehicles they face an unprecedented campaign of highway law enforcement this summer.”

Now this has p****d me off bigtime, its not enough that the filth are investing serious cash that could be better spent elsewhere to catch people speeding, but now a crackdown on illegal customising? – i assume this to mean race cans and small number plates as what else would be illegal (apart from fitting an ak47 to your headstock!) – for f sake, is there any wonder that public confidence in the police is at an all time low? At the end of the day, if you strap a can and a plate to your bike, it doesnt make it dangerous – what about all these 17 year old kevins in mums nova with a f awful and, lets be honest with the standard of fitting, dangerous body kit, big wheels and lowered springs stuck to it driving about with stereos cranked up full so that they cant hear a thing, but thats ok coz the six other people crammed into the car aren’t breaking the speed limit on a bike!
    The other thing, how many times do you see these w**kers speeding about in town with little or no disregard to others, yes i’ll be the first to admit – not in court! – that i like to wring the neck of my bikes, but its out in the country, away from pedestrians and the suchlike – theres a time and place. If you tear about in town, to be honest you deserve the fine and points but once again the motorcyclist is the bad guy. Sorry bout the language, this has hit a nerve – i could go on for pages about this but i’ll wrap it up here.
    Dont even get me started on solving rapes, burglaries and assaults – oh yeah , theres no money in that is there!!

Grr [:(!][:(!][:(!][:(!][:(!]

XV16
    Participant

Now tell them what you really think!

Joking aside, it does make my blood boil, I do write and complain even though it is to no avail. MAG do a good job campaigning against discrimination but unfortunately we are and always will be the minority. If bikers do some good charity work you will get a column with a small headline. If bikers do wrong, you can guarantee we get the headlines and more.
    Sorry I have edited your post slightly (it only took 4 hours) but we do get really young readers, but it’s nice to get it off your chest now and then.

Enjoy reading the ACPO, that will infuriate you even more []

Best Regards
    XV

GSX Rat
    Participant

“Sorry I have edited your post slightly (it only took 4 hours) but…”

I dont remember that much swearing LOL!

Lex
    Participant

With you GSX Hooligan, and keep posting XV, superb news updates. I should do more to campaign really.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.