DVLA MAKES CHANGES TO MOTORCYCLE TESTING REQUIREMENTS (Visor down)

Home Forums Bikers’ Rights DVLA MAKES CHANGES TO MOTORCYCLE TESTING REQUIREMENTS (Visor down)

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    Radar
    HippoDrones
    Participant

I wonder what would be the case if you tubed your bike to be above the power threshold and took a dyno readout of your bike to the test centre?

Radar

I wonder what would be the case if you tubed your bike to be above the power threshold and took a dyno readout of your bike to the test centre?

At guess they will only allow to take the bike on an homologated bike with an official approved power output. Interesting point though

HippoDrones
    Participant

I expect you are right sadly. I had heard that a training school had just got a load of KTM 690's as test bikes, that will now no longer be able to be used

Radar

I expect you are right sadly. I had heard that a training school had just got a load of KTM 690's as test bikes, that will now no longer be able to be used

That's a real shame, that could be enough to put some businesses under

HippoDrones
    Participant

yup, but also pretty short sighted of the training company to not look deeper into the bikes they got, am sure the info was out that there were changes coming!

Radar

yup, but also pretty short sighted of the training company to not look deeper into the bikes they got, am sure the info was out that there were changes coming!

That is true. Anybody fancy a cheap KTM??

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.