Duh….indicators?

Home Forums Motorcycle help wanted Duh….indicators?

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Gix
    Participant

What makes one indicator flash quicker than the other? Connections seem ok and both with original bulbs.
    Suggestions? Useless with electrics! [:p]

Rebel with a cause!

The roads are my race track!!

Love is giving someone the power to destroy you, but trusting them not to do it.

Dobby
    Participant

Usually,this means that one lamp has failed,but the way you describe it-is it that left flashes faster than right or front flashes faster than rear?

GSX Rat
    Participant

If the bulbs are the same wattage it’s an earth fault – take out the bulbs and polish the contacts with a bit of sandpaper, pull off the crimp connectors where they attatch to the loom, clean again and spray with wd40.

I slept with faith and found a corpse in my arms on awakening; I drank and danced all night with doubt and found her a virgin in the morning.
    Aleister Crowley (1875 – 1947)

Blackboard paint – Covers a multitude of sins!

Gix
    Participant

Its right flashes quicker than left. Bulbs are ones that came with indicators so should be right wattage, shouldnt they? Was gonna clean em today hooly, but everything else got in way. Gonna have a go at weekend. Thanks folks.

Rebel with a cause!

Love is giving someone the power to destroy you, but trusting them not to do it.

Gix
    Participant

Turned out to be one of the wires had come out of connector. My mistake was thinking that if a wire had worked loose, indicator wouldnt work at all. All fixed now. Thanx for your help guys.

Rebel with a cause!

GSX Rat
    Participant

no probs..

I slept with faith and found a corpse in my arms on awakening; I drank and danced all night with doubt and found her a virgin in the morning.
    Aleister Crowley (1875 – 1947)

Blackboard paint – Covers a multitude of sins!

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.