Ducati 750S Dark. 2002. Dark and Delicious…Review

Home Forums Italian tackle Ducati 750S Dark. 2002. Dark and Delicious…Review

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Radar

Recently I enjoyed a few miles riding a Ducati 2002 750S Dark and here are my impressions: Well this is a very petite, pure sporting bike where anything that doesn’t materially contribute to how it stops, goes and handles basically isn’t there!

The lithe and compact 750S

This Ducati has raw purity lacking on many modern sports-bikes. The riding position is best described as compact especially for somebody like me who is a little on the short and rotund side! You sit hunched over the controls in a classic ‘racing’ pose.

Once underway the 750 motor feels lively and responsive, light to the touch. The engine was not hugely powerful at 70 bhp, but does have enough grunt to raise a smile and provide brisk performance. The note from the official Ducati aftermarket pipes is fabulous too, and really eggs you on to give the bike plenty of throttle.

The official aftermarket pipe sounds fantastic

The ride comfort isn’t great; the suspension is so stiff that if you were to ride over a coin it would be immediately obvious if it was sitting heads or tails up! However the rapier like precision through bends makes that a price worth paying. I suspect that on more bumpy roads the Duke could be a little more difficult to keep in shape.

Brakes are sharp and effective, well matched in stopping power to the level of performance that is available.
    So overall the Ducati 750S offers a true sporting experience in a more traditional sense. You feel intimately involved with the bike rather than the mildly uncomfortable sensation of being hurled towards the horizon on the back of NASA rocket that some of the more extreme performance bikes offer now. Mind you that feeling is quite a laugh too!
    For me I would appreciate a slightly roomier riding position and lower seat height, but the 750S is a cracking fun bike.

HippoDrones
    Participant

Enjoyed yaself then? :)

Radar

quote:

Originally posted by Pete247

Enjoyed yaself then? :)

It was great fun, just wish that i fitted it a bit better…[:I]

Radar

Great little bike, such a shame I didn’t fit it at all

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.