dam 2 strokes

Home Forums Motorcycle help wanted dam 2 strokes

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    E1cranker
    Participant

ive recently acquired a 93 honda ns125R due to my old yamma being stolen
    was i need to tlc when i got it , got it running but the dozy bugger who had it b4 me put transmission oil in the 2 stoke tank (ran fine with it in which was rather strange) but drained, flushed n change the oil to 2 stroke today, cleaned the carb n oil pump, and now it wont start everytime i try to start it it just chugs , its got spark and compression, and batt fully charged its rlly miffed me now

anyone got any ideas of what could be wrong??

also does anyone know of where i can download a manual of it?, ive spent hours searching for one all i can seem to find is one for an nsr 125

any help will be greatly appreciated

E1

Radar

Have you tried bump starting?

Thumper
    Participant

Hi E1,
    Sounds like a blocked Jet in the carb to me.
    But I’m amazed more damage has not been done by running transmission oil ILO 2 stroke.
    Please take care with any seals the trans oil could have been in contact with, as the additives in trans oil are not always compatible.
    Good luck!

E1cranker
    Participant

not tried bumping it yet cant get it out of my garden atm had some crate panels delivered n they now blocking the path, shall try it tomorrow when they moved,
    ill gibe the carb another looking at and a clean b4 trying the bump start as well
    cheers for the suggestions

E1

Radar

Any progress?

E1cranker
    Participant

managed to get it running and started on rebuilding it not just gotta try and get my ideas of wot to do to work

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.