Cosford, chilled little pootle on the 550

Home Forums BikeMeet Cafe Cosford, chilled little pootle on the 550

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    Radar

I couldn’t join the lads at Silverstone this weekend for BSB, but I was determined to at least get a few miles on a bike in over the weekend. So I a happy lad once I managed to get out this afternoon on the 550 for a quick jaunt up to RAF Cosford to meet up with Andy P. Great sunshine and just warm enough to be comfortable.

After a quick cuppa and obligatory light salad at the Spiders Web Cafe we headed into the museum. I go there quite a bit (it’s free to get in…Kat would approve) and it always interesting to have a mooch about. I focused on the test and experimental hall today. It is quite amazing what stuff the UK was working on the 50’s and 60’s. Shame those skills are not so prevalent now.

Anyway a pleasant little  bimble, good to catch up with Andy and check out some fascinating aircraft and one or two classics parked up at the cafe in Quatt on my way home.

A few pics….

IMAG1870R_zpsht3gmorj.jpg
    The VC10 has been put back together now and makes for an impressive backdrop…

IMAG1873R_zpscqmh8b8g.jpg
    As did the Nimrod once we parked up. Based on the DH Comet, the world’s first jet airliner the Nimrod was perhaps the finest maritime patrol aircraft of the period

IMAG1875MR_zpsw0t0rx8b.jpg
    The Bristol 188. A near mach 2 capable test aircraft that was used to provide data for the development of Concorde amongst other things. I think it just looks amazing

IMAG1877R_zpssmaqkoyp.jpg
    I followed this Blade (?) based SF some the way on the A442. Not my sort of thing, but interesting all the same

IMAG1876R_zpsv8nqywza.jpg
    IMAG1881MR_zpswrtlpdyp.jpg
    The mighty straight six Z1300…it somehow had way more ‘attitude’ than the slightly earlier Honda CBX-6

IMAG1878R_zpsixnpgt2m.jpg
    Tidy BSA, not a clue what model, but I am finding this kind of bike increasingly appealing

imperialdata
    Keymaster

What is going on with the nose of that Bristol 188?  :o

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.