Cop this!

Home Forums Pure Petrolhead Speed cameras Cop this!

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    XV16
    Participant

Aliens have been blamed for speeding
    Staff at the Northumbria Safety Camera Partnership, responsible for many fixed speed cameras in the North East, receive so many letters from drivers hoping to avoid the penalties, they have published a list of the ten most bizarre.

Ray King, manager, said: “Some drivers seem to think that if they tell a good enough story, then they will get off, which unfortunately rarely works.

“It is quite amazing the lengths some drivers will go to to avoid £60 and three points, when really the alternative is extremely simple – keeping within the speed limit.”

The 10 most elaborate excuses given by drivers caught by speed cameras were:

I had passed out after seeing flashing lights in the distance, which I believed to be UFOs. The flash of the camera brought me round from my trance.

Can’t be true, the aliens were with me all night…

I was in the airport’s flight path, and I believe the camera was triggered by a jet overhead, not my car.

I had a severe bout of diarrhoea and had to speed to a public toilet.

MMmmmmmmm

There was a strong wind behind my car which pushed me over the limit.

But only by a few units…

My friend had just chopped his own fingers off, and I was rushing the digits to hospital.

The vibrations from the surfboard I had on the roof rack set off the camera.

Surfs you right (SORRY FOLKS)

I had to rush my dying hamster to the vets.

A violent sneeze caused a chain reaction where my foot pushed down harder on the accelerator.

There was a suspected case of foot and mouth and I had to rush to see the cow concerned.

The only way I could demonstrate that my clutch was faulty was to accelerate madly.

This is the best one!

Mr King said: “This is a light-hearted look at excuses for speeding, but it is a serious issue – we’d rather not be getting any letters at all because no one is breaking the speed limit and no one is receiving a ticket.

Yeah right!!!

“That is the ultimate aim of the partnership, which of course would put me out of a job and could be considered rather an unusual Christmas wish.”

Unusual? I think he means common!

Best Regards
    Stuart XV16

Please note that some of the comments and articles posted may not represent my views or the views of FORUM99 and its moderators.

“The normally careful and competent actions of a reasonable individual should be considered legal.”

Gix
    Participant

People wouldn’t get tickets if the limits were sensible.

The roads are my race track!!

LOVE IS GIVING SOMEONE THE POWER TO DESTROY YOU, BUT TRUSTING THEM NOT TO DO IT.

GO ON! DONATE! YOU KNOW YA WANNA!

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.