Chat

Home Forums BikeMeet Cafe Chat

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 28 total)
  • Author
    GSX Rat
    Participant

Does anyone else use chat – ive checked in a couple of times but never anyone there, maybe if not just a drop in we could all arrange to be there at some point!

https://www.bikemeet.net/chat

GSX750 Ratfighter / GSX600F / Beamish250 / Honda70 Rat

Blackboard paint – Covers a multitude of sins!

Gix
    Participant

I have tried to use chat but my browser won’t let me. Just gives me another link but won’t go to link. Sez invalid hypertext or something like that. Any ideas?

Gix
    Participant

quote:

Originally posted by gixerchic

I have tried to use chat but my browser won’t let me. Just gives me another link but won’t go to link. Sez invalid hypertext or something like that. Any ideas?

Just had another go. The link sez I need java and gives a link to irc.storm but when I click on link to web page my browser sez ‘Error. Invalid Syntax. Please check you have typed the correct address’ or words to that effect. I suppose it would help if I knew what a syntax was but not too good with internet.

imperialdata
    Keymaster

The Chat page is experimental at the moment but will work if you have java installed and enabled on your machine. Go to
    http://www.java.com/en/download/windows_automatic.jsp
    for download and follow the instructions there.
    By default, Windows XP now does not have Java installed. Many sites use this for menus etc. and is, in my opinion, a necessary download.

Maybe someone with a specific interest, ie who wants to chat with other members about GSX’s, could post a message saying they will be “in the chat room at 7:30 on Sunday for Gixxer talk!”

As I said, still experimental but feel free to use it as you wish. You can keep the window open and use another browser window to surf the Web, occasionally coming back to check if anyone is in the room.

Keep trying and thanks for the input.

Gix
    Participant

Thanks Imperialdata. I am downloading Java now. Once done I will try again. Would love to chat with others in chat room as it would be a first for me!!

Gix
    Participant

Have downloaded Java and have sorted it. I am keeping chat room window open for a while to see if anyone joins. Good idea to arrange a meeting with a group of us. Name your time people and I will try be there!

Radar

To the GSX people: Hooligan and Chic, I will try and be in there on Wednesday at 10pm.
    Not sure if my PC will play ball, having much trouble lately and it is really slow since I loaded some new anti virus software and a firewall (or rather a mate did, as I am useless with these things!).

GSX Rat
    Participant

I’ll take it that your firewall is pretty good at blocking outgoing chat then!

Radar

quote:

Originally posted by GSX Hooligan

I’ll take it that your firewall is pretty good at blocking outgoing chat then!

Yes! Tried going in, a bit late granted, but total failure!

XV16
    Participant

I have problems with Chat, but you need a firewall these days. Maybe MSN would be better.

Best Regards
    Stuart XV16

Please note that some of the comments and articles posted may not represent my views or the views of FORUM99 and its moderators.

HELP KEEP THIS FORUM ALIVE! PLEASE DONATE.

GSX Rat
    Participant

Chat works fine even with anti virus and firewall set to block incoming internet servers, the only thing i had to do was in internet explorer : tools – internet options – security – custom level ,make sure run active x controls and plugins is set to enable (should be if medium security is selected on slider) and lower java permissions to medium from high (default).
    The other thing that may help is to clear temp internet files ….

XV16
    Participant

will give that a try, but need others online to make it work. However my MSN is [email protected] I am online most days, I do use this for work purposes as well as pleasure so you might have to bear with me (9-5), but I will do my best.

Best Regards
    Stuart XV16

Please note that some of the comments and articles posted may not represent my views or the views of FORUM99 and its moderators.

wheelie
    Participant

Chat works fine for me. How about trying to keep the window open while you are surfing in another browser window (use float button if you want). I know Imperial’s a bit busy right now but the software seems fine and we can get it to work if we all pitch in at the same time. Howabout 7:30 every night (UK GMT) for starters?

I’ve donated to the forum, have you?

999blues
    Participant

Chat works for me, nice and easy and one of the best I’ve seen. Had a nice yack with 2 total strangers!

Red CBX1000 with loud pipes!

XV16
    Participant

Followed GSX’s advice, No problem, except only me there. One day maybe.

Best Regards
    Stuart XV16

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 28 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.