CB1

Home Forums Grey imports CB1

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    XV16
    Participant

Am I right in thinking my CB 1000 Super Four falls into this category?

Best Regards
    Stuart XV16

Please note that some of the comments and articles posted may not represent my views or the views of FORUM99 and its moderators.

“The normally careful and competent actions of a reasonable individual should be considered legal.”

Radar

quote:

Originally posted by XV16

Am I right in thinking my CB 1000 Super Four falls into this category?

Best Regards
    Stuart XV16

Please note that some of the comments and articles posted may not represent my views or the views of FORUM99 and its moderators.

“The normally careful and competent actions of a reasonable individual should be considered legal.”

I think this was an official Honda UK model. What you might have is a parallel import. Basically a model of bike sold in the UK but not imported by the official franchise. My T Cat is a parallel import.

Donate – it makes you feel good!

XV16
    Participant

Never did understand it.. The CB is a 1993 model and was imported in May 1997, Still got allocated a K plate though, is this the normal thing?

Best Regards
    Stuart XV16

Radar

Yep, basically the registration of the vehicle must relate to its year of manufacture, hence the K plate.

Where date of manufacture can’t be determined they allocated a Q plate.
    Not sure if this is still the case since the new registration system came in…does anybody else know?

Donate – it makes you feel good!

XV16
    Participant

Thanx for that, I was under the impression that all imports/Kits etc were allocated a Q plate.
    6 A levels but not much common!!![:p]

Best Regards
    Stuart XV16

imperialdata
    Keymaster

It’s true, I haven’t seen any Q plates for a while. Don’t think the system has changed though.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.