Camera Van illegally parked – Worcs UK

Home Forums Pure Petrolhead Speed cameras Camera Van illegally parked – Worcs UK

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Radar

Driving from Kiddermister to Birmingham this pm and as I went through the 30 zone (at 30!) I spied a camera car at the side of the road. Parked full on the pavement. Surely this is not legal!? can we report them?
    Incidentally it was a new Ford Transit Connect Van, and this time the camera was sticking out the rear door window. Not very prominently marked. Be careful and keep an eye for these vans in Worcs/West Mids area.

Gix
    Participant

Thanks for the warning Radar. If it isn’t illegal to park this way, it should be!

The roads are my race track!!

XV16
    Participant

Yes, you can report them and I have done so (probably gets nowhere though) I’ll even report this one for you. If we were to park in this manner we would no doubt receive some form of punishment. In the ACPO guidelines it states they should park legally, so they even defy their own senior officers.
    Can you specify the exact area?

Best Regards
    Stuart XV16

Please note that some of the comments and articles posted may not represent my views or the views of FORUM99 and its moderators.

HELP KEEP THIS FORUM ALIVE! PLEASE DONATE.

GSX Rat
    Participant

I did see something somewhere about parking behind these vans. Basically, you pull up and obstruct their view of the road, a vans better but i suppose a bike would do. As long as you are legally parked all you have to do is sit there and when they tell you to move just say you are feeling faint – imagine the bad press this would cause if they demanded you move, road safety improvements by demanding unfit driver to move vehicle! The other excuse of course, is you are tired and need a break as they are currently hammering home the tiredness kills take a break campaign.

GSX750 Ratfighter / SR125 Rat / GSX600F / Beamish250 / Honda70 Rat

Blackboard paint – Covers a multitude of sins!

Radar

Sorry I didn’t get back to you sooner XV. I have been away on business and not been able to get to go on the web. My company can be a bit funny about it.
    Don’t worry about reporting the van this time, it is probably too late anyhow. But he will be there again, I use this road quite a bit, and I make a detailed note of his position next time. I’m getting a phone that takes piccies this week…

XV16
    Participant

No problem Radar, the VRN is always useful. My MD would have a ticker attack if he knew how much time I spend on the net.. As long as the job gets done!

Best Regards
    Stuart XV16

Please note that some of the comments and articles posted may not represent my views or the views of FORUM99 and its moderators.

HELP KEEP THIS FORUM ALIVE! PLEASE DONATE.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.